What A Weekend!

EWolfe

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sat morning at the climbing gym then woodworking.

Chilly Hill bike tour on Sunday with 2 friends and 4,998 folks I didn't know. Finished in just under two hours despine the throng at the ferry unloading. Someone's lost pair of goats ran with the peloton for about a mile before being nabbed by the police. Then drank beer in the sun at the George and Dragon.

Packed boxes, moved furniture, cleaned, drove back and forth and back and forth, packed more boxes, drove back and forth. did all that about 10 times. Next time I'm hiring a mover.

Got rid of a lot of useless stuff though.

Oh, BTW, I got married on the 19th.

I met her climbing in Leavenworth a few years ago.

She is a fellow, but dormant cc.com'er.

Saturday to Squish. just a short day to shake out the cob webs....hoped i would be tough enough to climb at 8am. we pulled up at smoke bluffs, but the frost in the car park scared us off to Tim Hortons....with a little self-berating & 20 minutes later, we were back.

Saturday night crashed at my buddy's house in B'ham in order to rise at 04:30 & be at the trail head for the South Twin by 06:00. the logging company found it necessary to change the lock on us. quick change of plans had us climbing Bear Paw & riding the snow cat back to the Suby by 5ish.

i can't complain about weekends like this one....i sure hope my whining season is over.

toof! luckily we were the second party up, in front of the party of five...

...which was ahead of the party of two who were ahead of another party of five which was ahead of the party of four, one of whom was sounding like an emphysema patient. shocked.gif

Muir on Saturday.

Headed up the Rain-dog Sunday till the cloud cap formed.

Slept from 3:30pm Sun till 6:30 am Mon.

Zoweeee! That was one of the nastier caps I've seen on Rainier. Saw it noonish on Sunday from Avalanche Peak by Snow Lake and was glad I was where I was.

-kurt