it's true...

russki82

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"Chest-beating"? I thought you were gum flapping. For ice-climbing, there's something to climb year-round if you're willing to travel a little. For example, the late-summer, early-spring Sierra classics were reported to be awesome. There's a ice-fest in Bozeman in 2 1/2 weeks, and plenty of climbs already fattened in Hyalite. Up at high altitudes in Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, and Utah, there are early, early season climbs that are best done now before the avalanche-prone snows pile up. So when you spout about some ice in the NE, it's not that bigga deal. Just more ice.

quote:

Originally posted by COL. Von Spanker:

Of course there's always Ice to climb if yer willing to travel,

[Wink]

Screw the polar regions. The ice is too brittle. Right here in the western US, there's the winter water-ice season, and there's the spring/summer/fall alpine-ice season. There's always something to sink your tool into.

quote:

Originally posted by freeclimb9:

"Chest-beating"? I thought you were gum flapping. For ice-climbing, there's something to climb year-round if you're willing to travel a little. For example, the late-summer, early-spring Sierra classics were reported to be awesome. There's a ice-fest in Bozeman in 2 1/2 weeks, and plenty of climbs already fattened in Hyalite. Up at high altitudes in Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, and Utah, there are early, early season climbs that are best done now before the avalanche-prone snows pile up. So when you spout about some ice in the NE, it's not that bigga deal. Just more ice.

no big deal for you maybe...unfortunately though not all of us are able to fly every time we want to climb some ice...and living in New England you generally don't get a chance to see any until at least mid December...therefore when you can get your tools out on Halloween, it tends to get people excited and happy.

Oh and I'm well aware of the existence of ice and snow yearround in the PNW...i've even had the privelege of expereinging it several times.