Suggestions for alpine harness....

aLx_JustcliMbing

Looking for a non-bulky, light weight, harness for glaciure use only. I was SOOOOOO close to buying the Black Diamond Alpine Bod even though it is 13.5 compaired to new misty mountain that weights in at 11 and some change, until i found out that they dont have a quick release leg loop hold up system!!! What the hell were they thinking when they designed this harness?!?!?! The misty mountain new alpine harness is too bulky so does anyone have a suggestion?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was SOOOOOO close to buying the Black Diamond Alpine Bod even though it is 13.5 compaired to new misty mountain that weights in at 11 and some change, until i found out that they dont have a quick release leg loop hold up system!!! What the hell were they thinking when they designed this harness?!?!?!

they probably designed it for a dude

Keep in mind that some people have more "padding" than others. I have a friend who found the Mammut harness uncomfortable after a day of semi-hanging belays and rappels.

I have to use a more padded harness because of my boney hips.

It also depends on what your definition of uncomfortable is. A rap on a Dulfsitze (sp?) IS uncomfortable!

Even rapping on a 1" webbing harness isn't that bad. My partner is pretty boney and wirery, he's never had a complaint. He reccommended the Mammut harness to me. Probably not the harness to crag in everyday. But with clothes on, you should be fine in a non-padded harness. For glacier travel, leave the padding at home.

Nope because the leg loop is connected to the waist loop with a biener. Can't get your pants down unless you take off the harness which i usually opt not to do on a glacier. Besides that takes way too long.

the leg loops are held up by fastex buckles. Doesn't that count as quick release?

http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/gear/rock/alpine_bod.php#[/url]