Discount for PRG members at OMC

TradOrDeath

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best gear shop in town, hands down, in my opinion.

Unless you need a jacket, backpack, sleeping bag, tent, or anything ski-related. Called Omc this morning and they said theirs also applies to all the gyms in town, and covers everything in the store.

I'm not wanting especially to get into a debate about best gear shops, just didn't know this and thought other people might not either.

Climb Max carries some of the best Alpine packs you can buy and a good selection of down or synthetic sleeping bags as well as all the clothes you would need to summit. Yeah if you need some sticks or bindings maybe you should hit up the bunny shops like US Outdoor or OMC but when it comes to climbing.. you can’t beat Climb Max.

Secondly if you want skis, bindings or boots.. hit up The Mountain Shop they match any sale price that OMC give you.

Another thumbs_up.gif for Climb Max. Although they don't have a very good selection on attire they are the best climbing shop in town. And fair.

When I bought some crampons recently I noticed they had Bionics with a price on the box that was not the same as the price on the display--the price on the box was significantly less. When I asked about this I was told they had bought out another store's inventory and hadn't gotten around to changing the prices on the box yet. Regardless, he gave me the lower price.

All the stores in the local area have their niche. I think we're pretty lucky to have so many to make the field more competitively priced.