Wheres all the TR's

jmace

With a stellar weekend past no one is admitting to trying or climbing anything??

Fern and I slogged our asses all the way up the South face of the E lion, then down and around it and home. Good times, nice snow and sunny skies. One heck of a long day though!!

what did you do??

J

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got the same friggin question..... does anyone who posts on the website actually climb?

About a week ago when the forecast for the weekend still looked crappy I made plans to bail on work last Thursday and try something. Of course all we did was slog up logging roads for...for.ever! Got home late Thursday night to a perfect forecast to worked to head back out again cry.gif

Climbing at Erie in shorts on Saturday and skiing pow-pow on Sunday plus several bottles of wine eased the pain of being a miserable failure.

So whats up? Someone had to get out.....

Went up the South Ridge of Welch. Aside from some postholing to gain the ridge, conditions were very good. But one of our group felt that the climbing was a bit much, so we packed it in just below the south summit. Astute readers of these pages may remember that's exactly where we stopped back in Noverber, but that was due to me being delirious from a bad cold that I thought I could get rid of by "climbing it out of me". Won't try that again. tongue.gif

Without chains, one switchback above the gate. With chains, to where the road goes through the standing timber and the snow gets deep (due to shade) two switchbacks below the parking. We hiked up the trail since the snow was thinner in the forest, but plunged stepped down the headwall on the way back - fast.

Looks nice... A harder line drops from the small saddle just below the summit on the right and goes down a chute behind the ridge that Overlord is peeking over. Since I suck, I came in from the side when I did it instead of hucking the cornice (which was about 25 feet high) rockband.gif

3 days in a row to BC:

Was craging with Matt and Doug on Kronenberg in Field on Saturday afternoon, very picked out... I hope I can climb it again next October cool.gif

Sunday went up Mt. Field and skied 1300m of vertical, mostly on great pow with a windblown patch here and there and the last couple of hundred on perfect pow through alder - makes for nice tight turns cool.gif

Monday back in Field with Bob - Cool Spring felt like a "fat" coastal airated ice pitch with some shower element to it, sure deserves its grade cool.gif