• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Anna

I've been humbled

quote:

Originally posted by Fence Sitter:

if you cant runout 5.5, you shouldn't be on that climb...

My point exactly.

Wow, some really good thoughts, Normal Clyd, RobBob, Chuck to name a few. Heaven forbit we get back on topic here.

to detour for a sec:

Dru, what?

--------------------------------------------------

Tyrone we will respect you more ifn you post your real name too.

I made it clear from the start, I repeat,

"I enjoy my anonymity" It's the only way the truth can be truly spoken freely. This is one of the cornerstones of a free society, we vote this way for crying out loud.

and Trask,

Who cares if you have been "known as Trask for over 40 years" to most of us you still have no identity, we don't know who you are? and that fine. Do try to keep up.

Glacier says to Anna,

"So think of this as a very rough debrief"

well said, and it's that simple. Use the info or not. This whole discussion is indeed a very intersting social experiment on how we process different forms of communication. Like I said, if you've met me. I bet you would think I'm an alright, polite and easygoing guy. (not to sound arrogant) [smile]

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

Dear Fence Sitter,

The Doctor will meet you on November 9th at 11 a.m. at the Jantzen Beach shopping center in front of the Home Depot to hand over the goods. Please bring cash, as DFA does not know you well enough to accept a check.

Thank you,

Dr. Flash Amazing

I shall be there also to dook in your Subaru and laugh in your face.

Who in hell is doing to meet DFA in a parking lot at 11pm on Saturday night? What are they paying him for? I really must start reading these threads. [Eek!]

quote:

Originally posted by trask:

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

Dear Fence Sitter,

The Doctor will meet you on November 9th at 11 a.m. at the Jantzen Beach shopping center in front of the Home Depot to hand over the goods. Please bring cash, as DFA does not know you well enough to accept a check.

Thank you,

Dr. Flash Amazing

I shall be there also to dook in your Subaru and laugh in your face.

Knock yourself out, it's Fence Sitter's Subie. Being one of the gun-toting set, he'll probably bust a cap in your ass, but whatever.

And RobBob, don't get too hot under the collar, bro; the rendezvous is at 11 ante meridian. The Doctor takes care of his evening business over on West Burnside St.

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrone Shoes:

Wow, some really good thoughts, Normal Clyd, RobBob, Chuck to name a few. Heaven forbit we get back on topic here.

to detour for a sec:

Dru, what?

Tyrone we will respect you more ifn you post your real name too.

I made it clear from the start, I repeat,

"I enjoy my anonymity" It's the only way the truth can be truly spoken freely. This is one of the cornerstones of a free society, we vote this way for crying out loud.

I thought it funny you told trask you would respect him more if he wasnt anonymous

quote:

If you believe that then post your real name. I'd have more respect for ya.

but didnt feel the same about yourself. Shouldnt you have said trask's anonymity didnt affect your view of him at all, mr. consistency?

You can also speak the truth and not give a shit about what anyone thinks using your real name. Usually its when people have pointed, nasty comments they dont want to make straight to someone that they use an avatar. I dont care if anyone think that about me so i say it all from Dru. I just use avatars to promote spray by arguing with myself [big Grin] and sendin people weird PMs now and again [laf]

[ 11-04-2002, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: Dru ]

quote:

Originally posted by Anna:

Thanks JK for breaking my heart...I will remember it always.

What Jason said in his posts about my "character" is what broke my heart

I would rather everybody hate me for telling the truth than anybody die because I didn't. It was not my intention to break your heart, just to be honest and point out that this incident seemed to be part of a bigger pattern. Simply put, it is my opinion that you have been unable to walk your talk, and do not wish to hear or act upon constructive criticism.

quote:

Originally posted by Norman Clyde:

It's not like you tried to deceive anybody, or told any lies about yourself.

She told ME she could set an anchor with the gear provided, when in fact, she could not! In my book, that's a deception and a lie.

quote:

I post as trask. It's my nickname and has been for over 40 years. I use it for everything; when I'm nice, and when I'm mean.

Liar. Hypocrite.

quote:

Originally posted by Anna:

I am glad I put this topic up though cuz then SK/JK never would have told me how they felt to my face.

You should not concern yourself with what other people think of you. Only YOU know your own truth, who you are, and what you are capable of.

I told you, to your face, that you built a bad anchor, that you could have killed me, and that you needed more instruction. I cannot make someone listen to what they do not want to hear.

quote:

Originally posted by jkrueger:

I told you, to your face...

Now who's the liar? I've met both of you and I'd guess that you told it to her chin [laf][laf] Just kidding, dude. Trask is no liar/hypocrite; he's Trask.

Greg W

Dru....hmmmmm.....did I slip up? ah geeez...

Read it again, if you dont get it... read it again, if you still don't get, PM me and I'll give my cell number, I'll explain it to ya. Hows that for consistency? [smile]

Perhaps he IS Trask, but he's other people too. Don't be deceived, he is not being honest.

Is anyone else getting assaulted by pop-up advertising while logged on to cc.com? This just started maybe in the last 24 hours.

Ms. Thread Drift has spoken.

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrone Shoes:

Dru....hmmmmm.....did I slip up? ah geeez...

Read it again, if you dont get it... read it again, if you still don't get, PM me and I'll give my cell number, I'll explain it to ya. Hows that for consistency?
[smile]

I got it the first time. Youre saying you practice what you preach, he practices what he preaches, but youd respect him more if he preached what you practice or the other way around...

He Allison I never got no popup and I still don't but I used someone else's computer on the weekend, and they keep getting requests from Nrahq.com to add cookies to the computer while viewing this site???? You getting popups about guns? [Confused]

quote:

Originally posted by allison:

Perhaps he IS Trask, but he's other people too. Don't be deceived, he is not being honest.

Show me some proof Matlock.

No, not guns, just this and that, adverts.

And for some reson my 'pop-up-stopper' program doesn't want to launch either! [Roll Eyes]

quote:

No, not guns, just this and that, adverts.

And for some reson my 'pop-up-stopper' program doesn't want to launch either!
[Roll Eyes]

Like everyone else, your computer doesn't like you. [laf][laf][Moon]

Sounds like you picked up a Virus. [Eek!]

And your 'page topper' program must not have been working either. [Roll Eyes]

[ 11-04-2002, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Dru ]

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

[QB]Sounds like you picked up a Virus.
[Eek!]

hahaha, use protection next time hoser. [laf]

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

[QB]Sounds like you picked up a Virus.
[Eek!]

hahaha, use protection next time hoser.
[laf]
Not from me [laf] . Im not on the infamous List. [Razz]

Trask is an idiot, and I mean that literaly and in the most nobel sense of the word. He is needed here.

For centuries, towns and communities have learned to love the antics of the town idiot. Wincing at the sights and sounds of their stupidity from accross the street. What fool did he make of himself this time they ask each other as they move about there day. An unofficial "jester for all to enjoy.

Today's internet communities have taken on many forms but no matter how you cut it. There is always room for the the town idiot. Their sheer stupidity makes them a true institution and a cause for laughter.

Trask is one of the reasons I frequent this site, So dont get too down on him, embrace him, for stupid idiots only last for so long before they do something really stupid.

sincerely TS [smile]

Tyrone, you seem like the idiot here. Your post about being able to say what you want behind a mask of anonymity proves you are a pussy. Are you that weak-willed that you are afraid to stand for what you believe in? You must be one of these pussies who acts all tough on the board and folds like a house of cards in person. [hell no]

quote:

Please don't make jokes about my alleged promiscuty. It's bullshit. Cut it out.

"Marsha, Marsha, Marsha..."

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

You must be one of these pussies who acts all tough on the board and folds like a house of cards in person.
[hell no]

I have heard you are actually quite a nice guy in person. Does that make you "one of these pussies"?

Tyrone, you can't seem to let it go. Please stop calling me. Like I said before, I'm not interested in your man-fetish. Just how old were you when mama stopped having you wear dresses? Or was it the hanging of the urinated sheets outside for the neighbor kids to see that sent you askew? I'm told that therapy can be quite helpful in cases such as yours. Think about it.

quote:

Originally posted by chucK:

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

You must be one of these pussies who acts all tough on the board and folds like a house of cards in person.
[hell no]

I have heard you are actually quite a nice guy in person. Does that make you "one of these pussies"?

I'm a lamb, ChucK; unless you get in my face (or say you hate my dog). That's pretty consistent with my persona here: I'm generally a nice guy unless some dumbshit gets on my nerves or comes after me; then I won't back down.

Greg W