In memory of Josh Whipple

D-dog

Last week, a Seattle-area BASE jumper named Josh Whipple took his life. I had known Josh for several years, and shared some good times with him. He was a good man and his presence in the world was always a positive one; he will be missed by all who knew him, and the world is a darker place for his passing. Valhalla becomes stronger with one more addition. . .

In honor of his memory, today I opened a new BASE exit from Goat Wall, just outside of the town of Winthrop. It was a beautiful day to be on a beautiful object in a beautiful area of the world. . . a fitting place to honor my departed friend. I`ve named the exit Frasierdog, in memory of a lifetime friend and partner that has left the world forever this winter. I have taken some photos of the winter sunset from the exitpoint, which I will post once I am back home and pull them from my camera.

Josh, may you fly free and bring smiles to your new friends wherever you are. Here amongst the unclean, we remember you fondly and the Frasierdog exit is my own personal memorial to the fond memories I have of our times together.

Josh: "Well I thought you were going to be the voice of reason and caution when we jump together. . . "

DW: "Who? Me? Hahahahahah! You must be joking."

Peace,

D-d0g

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah that was us locals having a memorial jump for Josh. Sorry if we spooked you we're horrible about yelling down. It was a beautiful sunrise with perfect conditions and great jumps. Josh's packjob even gave Todd a good on heading opening. We'll miss you bro....

Take care,

Gabe

439111-baringsunrise.jpg.09fb19cb2b472625f293c15560eb29cd.jpg