EP walls

PhilomathSloth

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an ex-employee, I have a few things to contribute.

The imprint panels are nice to look at, but the low t-nut density makes them limited in terms of route-setting potential.

The crystal walls are very nice, enough texture to paste on, nice looking, and good t-nut density.

Erik

so my whole point of this topic was mostly the freeform walls i guess. I've built so many walls, but we only occasionaly get to climb some of the walls that we build, but, im pretty much the shittiest climber i know, so i was wonderin what folks that are decent thought of the 'hand sculpted' features on the freeform walls.

on a side note, im glad to see that there are still people breathing five years later from working at that place, nice job guys thumbs_up.gif

so my whole point of this topic was mostly the freeform walls i guess. I've built so many walls, but we only occasionaly get to climb some of the walls that we build, but, im pretty much the shittiest climber i know, so i was wonderin what folks that are decent thought of the 'hand sculpted' features on the freeform walls.

on a side note, im glad to see that there are still people breathing five years later from working at that place, nice job guys thumbs_up.gif

Yeah...i'm still waiting to explode into a tumor with legs from working around all of those catalysts and resin shiznet...coupled with the acetone...sheesh...i remember i could taste that crap in my mouth when i was climbing over the weekends... hellno3d.gif

• 1 month later...

i got to climb at the UW gym last weekend. i thought it was really fun. the freeform wall was cool but i could see it being hard to make new routes much different. i really liked the panel wall, nice bulges and some nice edges and smears. if i could get in there easier it would be a great place to train.

• 3 months later...

As a route setter, the imprint walls are a pain in the ass. I would much rather be able to bolt on a couple of big angle additions, roofs... to a plywood wall and put hold on that, than have to deal with the weird shapes and contures of imprint. Granted, the big wigs at OSU wanted something pretty to impress the nice people who give OSU grants, but it is really frustrating to try and set on imprint.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, the big wigs at OSU wanted to impress the grant givers by opening it for 6 hours a day, and 4 on the weekend. Jesus they spend a shiton of cash on that wall, and now they wont even pay to staff it correctly (all day)? I also love it when a group rents it out, and you can't climb there that day. Nothing like a waitlist to climb indoors... hellno3d.gif No gripe with any of the staff there though, they all rockband.gif