any condition reports?

Steddy

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the temps in Lillooet look like they've been oscillating around freezing and, as a lillooet (and ice) noob, I'm wondering what this means to the climbs.. Are most of the climbs (especially the WI 2s and 3s) at higher elevations than what Enviro BC forecasts? Is it going to be worth checking out this weekend?

yes there is going to be ice in up there

not thick and fat but north facing stuff will be ok. lillooet is colder than the forecat, and the climbs are at higher elevations than forecast

but south facing sunny routes will be sun rotted and gnarly and you should avoid them.

If you have a snowmobile, there are some routes in the North Cascades that are accessible via SR20 past the snow blockade outside Mazama.

A route in the Willow Creek drainage (I think this is the correct name) appeared to be in. There also appeared to be some routes in at Rainy Lake. We didn't look at these routes up close, so I am not exactly sure of the conditions or grades. We climbed Friday and Monday on a formation along a roadcut on SR20 just past the hairpin and below Washington Pass.

Enjoy! Tyler

• 2 weeks later...