• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

Talk about sport climbing hard, and what constitutes "hard" sport routes, and you're an egotistical prick. Talk about ice climbing hard and what makes a "hard" ice climb, and you're respected for your bold opinions.

Fuck off, alpine nut-swingers (y'all know who ya is).
[Moon]

hey grams, whats your hardest sport route?????/

i listen to ya!

[laf]
5.2d, baby! Hardcore, all the way; anything less is training wheels shit. Now who wants to jump on the Amazing Family Stones and go for a swing? [laf]

Sorry Doc. I wrote my reply as you were writing yours. I don't know what this "five-two-dee" shit is all about. You have posted before alluding to 5.12 and possibly 5.13 redpoints. Now you pout that we're not a receptive audience. Now you act all coy and give us this "five-two-dee" shit.

Just cut the crap and give it up for your fans!!!

REDPOINT REPORT!! REDPOINT REPORT!! REDPOINT REPOoooooooRT!!

OK, here's the real Dr. Flash Amazing redpoint report:

DFA hasn't climbed shit lately. [big Grin]

Anyway, the Doctor's original post was more of a troll for Caveman, who was getting bitchy with the Doc a while back about gumbyness or some perceived attitude of superiority, and yet he was happy to endorse MM/R-saurus's superior attitude. Anyway, since the nutswinging favoritist didn't bite, fuggit.

I don't see any superiority complex with what Mitch wrote. I just see a bunch of pansy ass pussies that likely wont be able to follow him around for a day on some of the thing's he's done and can do. Furthermore he never put anyone down just stated his interest only in steep ice climbing. Since some of you can't read then maybe you should check out Hooked on Phonics [laf]

quote:

Originally posted by Retrosaurus:

Unless it is
VERY
thin or actively falling down, water ice requires very little in the way of skill or technique to succeed...

Cavey, do you think this is accurate? Again I think that skill and technique are relative to the individual.

I'm down with fonnix, but I think you are referring to reading comprehsnsion, so after reading this I'm gonna take my 61 year old dad ice climbing, because it requires very little in the way of skill or technique. I hope his high blood pressure and bad heart don't pose a problem.

I'd argue that steep ice takes little skill and technique to succede on. One can usually get by with balls and muscles.

But skill and technique make it more fun, less tiering, and easier (less bashing) on the ice.

Putting screws in does'nt take much skill realy. We'll ok, so you have to know what a good spot looks like, but after that you just put the damn thing in and clip it. The rest is a mater of hanging on and not getting freaked out.

Mitch says he didn't mean to put anybody else down but he did say that the climbs that many of us may feel are quite worthy are not ice climbing and take no skill. He corrected that, by saying what he meant was that lesser climbs don't put led in his pencil, but the initial statements were indeed a little over the top. You may go back to work now.

quote:

Originally posted by mattp:

Mitch says he didn't mean to put anybody else down but he did say that the climbs that many of us may feel are quite worthy are not ice climbing and take no skill. He corrected that, by saying what he meant was that lesser climbs don't put led in his pencil, but the initial statements were indeed a little over the top. You may go back to work now.

Matt, you are ever the voice of reason. You should be a lawyer. CC doesn't count as work?

Russki82...

No good climbing it this weekend, you should have been climbing it last weekend! The thin man beat you to it.

Don't fall off on the mixed traverse getting to the ice runnel, your belayer will get a face full of crampon if you do. It's gonna be veeery thin, hope your upto the job!

[ 10-31-2002, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: Ade ]

And what about all that off vertical yet very thin ice that's so fun to play on? Real mixed climbing (not drytooling for hundreds of feet).

-

If you have a problem with Mitch what about this...

quote:

"But if Grade 6 ice is physically easy (and, let's quit kidding ourselves: for any fit climber with modern equipment, it most certainly is)..." - Will Gadd

Time to get back in my garage for more pullups.

quote:

Originally posted by Retrosaurus:

Holy moley, Snoboy. I didn't know it was so complicated.
[Roll Eyes]

Neither did I. That was my point. Ice is Ice, if you don't think WI2 counts as WI, then that's your option. It's like saying that 4th class isn't rock climbing.

quote:

Think outside the box, just a little. You don't even need axes to get up WI2. Try it on top-rope. It's fun.

I agree it [rockband] big time! After all we all know axes are aid [Wink]

quote:

Originally posted by Lambone:

The rest is a mater of hanging on and not getting freaked out.

Which is a skill in and of itself. [big Grin]