Depth Charges

Dru

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What do you call it when you make an Americano but instead of diluting the espresso with water, you use drip coffee? I've always called these things "depth charges" but lately I have beenmeeting baristas who don't seem to have ever heard the term confused.gifbigdrink.gif

We always just call it "cup of coffee with a shot in it."

Bahh, just call it an Americano with drip coffee. I hate all the fruity/cutesy/"fun" terms people come up with when they order coffee. I make a ton of drinks a day and customers trying to be "smooth" or "in the know" really makes me madgo_ron.gif

Worst or most annoying drink calling names or phrases:

"a Snickers" - Stupid name for a nut syrup based mocha

fruit.gif

"a shot in the dark" - For the love of Pete, call it by its proper term "redeye" (red eye is coffee with a shot)hellno3d.gif

"split shot" - Just say half decaf, dont be a dick. rolleyes.gif

"Why bother" - Why bother indeed...just go back home. yellowsleep.gif

I could go on a heinous diatribe but I wont because I realize it would be hugely pointless. But after 16 years at BIG GREEN I feel justified smile.gif

Coffee is very serious and anyone who can't tell me the benefits of dry processing versus wet processing and vice versa must be a (censored).

(I really do love my job and I am so darn nice, I felt this was a nifty place to vent without incurring too much bad karma.) yellaf.gif

Edited by warmspot (02/14/05 08:19 PM)

I agree with Chirp, it's so annoying when people come up with dumb titles for stupid stuff (i.e. a "doulbe tall skinny decaf latte", honestly, you're not ordering anything so don't open you mouth).

People also try to modify things they don't know about -Chirp I think you'll appreciate this- a woman comes in a bit back and asks for a "double tall nonfat breve". hmmm, how about "no".

double tall nonfat breve
thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Awesome!

But to be honest, I have decided that the more people are feeling out of control in their daily lives, the more complex and "detailed" their drinks tend to be.

I just smile and give then their chance to gain some personal control.

I agree with Chirp, it's so annoying when people come up with dumb titles for stupid stuff (i.e. a "doulbe tall skinny decaf latte", honestly, you're not ordering anything so don't open you mouth).

People also try to modify things they don't know about -Chirp I think you'll appreciate this- a woman comes in a bit back and asks for a "double tall nonfat breve". hmmm, how about "no".

Hmmn... I don't even know what a "Double tall nonfat breve" is. confused.gif

But I always order an "8 oz double skim latte"

Is that acceptable enough for you caffeinistas? the_finger.gifboxing_smiley.gifhahaha.gif