• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
gapertimmy

What Do you Want to See?

How about bringing back the "next" button for browsing the threads... It's a lot easier target when you're skimming vs. the little angle bracket deal. Not a big deal, but just something I've been missing.

The function of going to the first unread post works great when a thread title is clicked, but is absent when accessing the thread via "next topic" within a forum.

How about a page or "Web Ring" of everyone who has there own website? I bet there's a lot of folks with sites that could really expand the knowledge base of climbing routes. For instance, AlpineDave, Ade, MattP, Skykilo, etc...

Of course, it would be fair to let everyone opt in instead of being added automatically.

Hey, why am I not still a mini-wanker?? Why do some have their nickname and mine is gone. Don't tell me I finally have to make a donation. I'll swear I'll do it. Don't make me give you money, you won't like it very much :rolleyes:

Pisses me off when I take the time to compose a PM to a newb, click the send button, get the message that not all fields are filled in, hit the back button as requested, and lose the whole message. Has happened more times than I care to remember.

Any way to dummy-proof this for us clutzes?

Well, I haven't heard the existence of that mofo in over a year, so good job modz on that, but now it seems that folks are accidentally getting screwed by it.

I would like to see the possessive apostrophe taken out of this sentence.

Learn how you can help support/contribute to cc.com, and use this forum as a place to post bug's and feature reccomendations.

edited to remove my retardedness

Edited by archenemy

I would like to see 'possessive' spelled correctly.

How about an auto spell checker so idiots like me don't continually embarrass themselves even more than they do otherwise?

Is there an easy way to get back to a specific forum after sending a PM? It would be nice if the "Hop to:" option were available after sending a PM.

The PM storage is a little difficult. Actually, it really sucks. You can't see to whom you wrote your email. Sometimes the thread of email is disconnected. It is tough to weed through to find some info that was sent to you about a month ago, etc.

I am ready to make my yearly donation and welcome a quote for how much it would be to fix this little inconvenience. PM me.

It's just you. :laf:

Seriously though, I had the same trouble, but I was shown the light. WeekendClimberz has a post in the Newbies forum about posting images and pics. See this thread.

The mods made it a sticky (and rightly so), so anyone should be able to find it easily enough.

How about a place or a way to search for post with video's embedded in them (or linked for that matter)? I can't watch them at work and don't wanna waste my valuable free time wading through the spray to find the video's I missed :fahq: