• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
gapertimmy

What Do you Want to See?

have we mentioned that we can't search any more than 4 years back. Those were the best years too!

Also, the search feature basically sucks. Either no results or every post ever comes up.

not that I should complain, i still haven't donated yet.

In the gear area could we add a "Gear Share/Rent" section? It'd be nice to have an area where people can share or rent gear they may have sitting around collecting dust....such as wall gear, ice gear, skis, Automobiles, whatever....stuff people don't exactly want to sell or buy....but that could stand some use.....the DVD share could go here....so could a magazine/bookswap...

for example I have a ton of Wall Gear...Ledge etc....that I would rent out cheap/trade for something...for folks wanting to try a wall in Squish or Where ever... and that may help them decide if they want to get into it or not. There are a lot of other activities....where the gear you need is prohibitive of participation...perhaps we can help each other out.

Just an Idear. Geek_em8.gif

ps... the search function is bollocks

this is lame and insignificant, but when you load the login in page, it would be cool if you cursor went directly into the username box. thats just me being picky, though i think it is a minor programing thing.

werd. thumbs_up.gif

How about a button called "Active Topics (Non-Spray)". I find that with all the 6 word posts in spray from the same 3 avatars, Active Topics fills up, and some good threads get buried. The only way to find them is to go through the menus one at a time.

Configurable RSS feeds would be cool. By configurable, I mean that I can choose which forums appear in my RSS reader.

- a s s m moon.gif n k e y

cbs- we'll try to add that modification back in to provide a spray free active topics list

arsemonkey- out of the box the new boards support RSS feeds. So you should be able to add in which forums you'd like to see on your own.

Might be kind of a cool add-in for the site.

http://www.buddymapping.com/

Maybe you tech-wizards could make a hack that would automatically harvest location data from IP's and map user-locations in real-time, daily, weekly, monthly, by forum, etc.

It'd be interesting to watch the Rainier forum hits start to diffuse around the country once April/May rolled around.

fruit.gifGeek_em8.gifGeek_em8.gifGeek_em8.gifGeek_em8.gifGeek_em8.gifGeek_em8.gifGeek_em8.gifGeek_em8.gifGeek_em8.gifGeek_em8.gifGeek_em8.gifGeek_em8.gifGeek_em8.gifGeek_em8.gif

bring back the random image display in the gallery when you access or change any page. The one fixed image is boring and predictable.

No likey!

hmmmm, looks like it was caching that little box. i set it to update every 5 minutes now.

It also appears that some of the thumbnails have gotten wiped out. I mean, come on, we all missed the Mike's wonderful feet shots:

136feet41.jpg

Every page I go to is a little bit herky jerky while the images adjust. This is lame. Will it always be this way?

Also, I think Mike is flipping us off in the picture above. But that isn't annoying, only the page jigging this way and that way is annoying.

I have a sat hookup in Index and a decent DSL in Seatown. What gives with the jiggy? It is with each friggen page load. I want my money back.

In the Who's Online now, it just tells you who's reading which forum, not which post they are reading. That makes it sooo much harder to bump up old posts. :cry::smirk::ghey: skull baa