What Do you Want to See?

gapertimmy

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just a little glitch...i fixed it. (but i didn't fix the underlying problem, which is that new posts won't show as the "latest post" unless a mod or admin posts a new thread and then deletes it). i doubt we will fix this as we will be going to a new board and this problem can be worked around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure if it's technically feasible but...what about adding some tags that make it easy to hotlink video from Google Video or Youtube so that the video plays inside the BB? Might be a cool way for people to incorporate video/audio/slideshow type stuff into their TRs or posts, without cc.com having to host the files. Could be a good way to inject some more homegrown stoke into the freshiezone.

I have zero technical insight into how this stuff works, but I have seen a bunch of blogs where the link to an external video actually plays in the same window where the link is displayed, and the "link" that you click on is an image which shows the first frame of the video file that's stored at GoogleVideo or Youtube. Is this kind of what you guys were thinking of or did you have something else in mind?

I think that they do something like this with the video content that they post at www.oregonkayaking.net and it's pretty dope.