What Do you Want to See?

gapertimmy

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been having issues where I log in, and all the forums are yellow like there are new topics, and the most recent topic is from 4pm today, but its only 1pm. They are also glowing yellow for forums that have already been read, and the most recent post is from about 5 days ago.

I can't start a new thread to ask this, so I'm adding to 14 pages of material that I won't bother surfing through.

How do I embed a link into text in my signature? I've tried the html code that I know without any success.

Cheers

Chris

Edited by chris

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to drop a line. I almost made a reply in the forums asking them not to, but then I passed.

Can anyone do something about this "rick rolled" shit. I just lost an hour of revisions on my paper when I had to shut down mozilla. It's fucking bullshit. These are just like viruses (causing harm to my computer and my productivity).

The only way I can see people avoiding this problem is not following any links on the board, which makes the place real boring. If you think about it for a while, it's probably not the type of thing that's going to make people want to stick around. I'm honestly not threatening to not come to cc.com (like you really care about my visits), I'm just trying to point out why you might want to curb this shit.

Thanks,

dave

• 2 weeks later...
I just wanted to drop a line. I almost made a reply in the forums asking them not to, but then I passed.

Can anyone do something about this "rick rolled" shit. I just lost an hour of revisions on my paper when I had to shut down mozilla. It's fucking bullshit. These are just like viruses (causing harm to my computer and my productivity).

The only way I can see people avoiding this problem is not following any links on the board, which makes the place real boring. If you think about it for a while, it's probably not the type of thing that's going to make people want to stick around. I'm honestly not threatening to not come to cc.com (like you really care about my visits), I'm just trying to point out why you might want to curb this shit.

Thanks,

dave

I suggest periodically saving your work. Every 5-10 minutes. Ctrl-s is the keyboard shortcut.

I was chatting with some friends about this whole CAG update that excluded a ton of routes that have been climbed recently and how a book can be very incorrect because it is controlled by one person's decisions to publish selective information. Fred is not going to be doing many more updates on these volumes so maybe it is time to make the information available to the public via a public Cascades Route Wiki? There is plenty of Wiki software to make this possible. The information will only become more accurate over time and it can be run by the community.

What about expanding the existing on-line route resources such as summitpost and mountainproject? That might be easier than setting up a specific site just for the Cascades and get more of a nationwide base for the effort than if it is run via a standalone site.

Fuck the Outlanders. Keep it local.

• 3 weeks later...

Every time a new page opens or is refreshed, the right-side scroll bar drops all the way to the bottom of the page. This just started doing this again today. Irritating...

Also, the embedded quote function still isn't fixed. After the 4th or 5th embedded quote, the names in the "quote boxes" fuck up and the quotes become misattributed to the wrong posters. When you look at the code in the edit/reply pane, it's all correct. It just doesn't post correctly in the view/reading pane. Also irritating...

• 2 weeks later...