What Do you Want to See?

gapertimmy

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd like to be able to upload my pictures. They are too big and I'm not clever enough to resize them. Can't you give us some sort of standard auto resize option? Something like what hotmail does? I'm sure many peeps got it all figured out but I'm not one of them.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey do you guys use PHP and SQL? :nurd:

Security researchers uncover massive attack on Italian web sites

Published: June 18, 2007 - 02:58PM CT

Security researchers at Symantec have verified that a large-scale web attack targeting Italian web sites and their users is underway.

The attackers exploited vulnerabilities at the ISP and web hosting provider level to add snippets of IFRAME code to hundreds of popular Italian web sites, including those of IT companies, car rental firms, tax services, city councils, and hotel and travel destinations. The compromised web sites attempt to use exploits in unpatched versions of Internet Explorer, QuickTime, Windows 2000, Firefox, WinZip, and Opera, in order to install malware packages on end users' computers.

The attackers used a "commercial" malware kit called MPack, which is sold by a Russian gang. Currently at version 0.86, MPack provides would-be malware installers with a complete package that can be installed on any web server that runs PHP with an SQL database. The owners of MPack have been selling it to other criminal organizations for between $700 and $1,000 a pop, with additional exploit modules available for between $50 and $150. For an additional $30, the MPack owners will include a feature that helps prevent the malware from being detected by antivirus programs....

Sounds like a great deal!

I'd like to be able to upload my pictures. They are too big and I'm not clever enough to resize them. Can't you give us some sort of standard auto resize option? Something like what hotmail does? I'm sure many peeps got it all figured out but I'm not one of them.

I use Aperture on my Mac, or Gimp on my Linux box, or whatever that photo editor is in Windows (can't remember if it ships with the OS or with Office). Or you could use something like this I supposed, though I haven't tried it myself:

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

I use netscape but I think I've figured this out, I just emailed a pic to myself and saved it from there to desktop. Hopefully Hotmail has worked its magic and it'll upload here just fine now.

2007_0617marmom0027.JPG

So easy a caveman could do it! Maybe a three move problem up the ever so slightly overhanging dihedral using the moss covered arete and some nice slopers for feet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'd like to see a way to contact CC about posting an event (rock reels in PDX 10/11)- but I've searched here for a while and I'm clueless. Also - how do I contact the guy David who wrote the Ice artilce - nice work I sent a link on to others wanted to include him but could not figure that out either.

help!

I'd like to see a way to contact CC about posting an event (rock reels in PDX 10/11)- but I've searched here for a while and I'm clueless.

Read this.

Also - how do I contact the guy David who wrote the Ice artilce - nice work I sent a link on to others wanted to include him but could not figure that out either.

help!

That's Dave Burdick. He posts here under the avatar AlpineDave. Click on his avatar ( <=== right there ) and send him a PM.

Is there anyway to make the "views " on the forums hot? It used to switch the forum to the most viewed threads in the forum.Also showed the most replies on the "reply" column etc..Thank you for all the great things you have done for the site btw, Wayne

Unfortunately those features went away when they rewrote the board software. I used them too, and miss them. We're going to eventually do another upgrade here, and perhaps it will be readded.

• 4 weeks later...

A Watched Topics issue: There used to be a little magnifying glass next to each thread that one had tagged as "watched" so you could fire off surly replies/insluts quickly and easily. Now those little magnifying glasses are gone.

I know that you can still find your tagged threads in the Watched Topics section of My Stuff, but that requires you to go back each time to find the next one before you can fire off another salvo against someone. If you're already in the right forum, searching for magnifying glasses would be easy, but going back to Watched Topics becomes rather pedantic.