What Do you Want to See?

gapertimmy

IMHO the problem isn’t the spray game, but ignorance as to where to play it. Any CC regular should be aware that the Info forums are meant to be primarily informative and spray free. An occasional wise-crack or unrelated tale is all part of the ride around here, but I guarantee that some of the recent jabs in the Newbies forum have scared away some observers thinking about posting. Why not make a clear VISUAL difference between spray and non-spray forums, like there is now for the Freshiezone? Ultimately this won’t prevent all bad behavior or do the moderator's jobs, but it could help buffer readers looking for info but not abuse.

Edited by curtveld

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do not disagree and I did not spray anyone in this forum. I merely suggested, albeit in a humorous fashion, that there be a forum where people can inform me of boulders in return for crag info.

to be more specific, I want them in the I90 corridor and west of the pass. quality rock, moss is not an issue.

I have not read this whole topic, but I dare say there are more than likely plenty of dumber suggestions.

and I repeat, I sprayed no one until my post was deleted.

better keep those non-spray posts dry and droll folks.

(this post contains a valid suggestion)

• 2 weeks later...

If you put the person that really irritates you on ignore (thanks, as JZ mentioned), you can still see they posted. You may, as an irrational being, be driven to further rage, NOT KNOWING WHAT THEY ARE SAYING, BUT IT'S MORE NASTINESS...

The lead box should "not show" all forum postings by that user (rather than you are ignoring this user) , as well as "responding to user" in the header. It could skip to previous poster, maybe...

I mean, Baby Jesus, this is AMERICA, I want full blinders! yellaf.gif

• 3 weeks later...
I want to see all moderators and administrators held to a higher standard. When people see these people occasionally flaunting the rules, they figure, "hey, why should I have to follow rules when they don't?"

Dish! Did you catch a mod or two driving solo in the carpool lane?

disclaimer: i believe anyone in the mountains by themselves should be fully prepared to do whatever they need to do to get themselves back out without relying on help from others. but..

on several occasions i have thought about posting something like "I am going skiing int he vacinity of brokeback mountain, but may check out four fingers if conditions permit. I drive a silver ford overcompensator with pink bumpernuts. i expect to be back around 8, and will post when i get home, if you do not hear anything X hours later, please assume i am dead in a tree well.

i don't know. might give a false sense of security but its better than no one knowing anything?