What Do you Want to See?

gapertimmy

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When performing searches, and you get your results, and click on one and find it's not what you wanted, so you want to go back to the results page. So you click the "Back" button, it says, "POST DATA" and stuff, so you click "OK" and hit the "Back" button again, it dumps you out of all the results and puts you back at the search page. That sucks.

Is there a way that it can just go back to the results page so you don't have to re-type all the search parameters and start over?

The Search function needs some serious help.

For starters, the default is posts newer than 1 week. I think most of us use it to check posts a lot older than that, and its annoying to have to fiddle with the dates.

2nd. There's no way to fine tune the search to just the initial posts. For example, if I type in "Triple Couloir" as a search, the Search engine will not only show me every intitial post with "triple couloir" mentioned, it will also show me every RESPONSE to that post. This is a real drag, especially so when the search is much broader - like trying to only find "Liberty Ridge" trip reports.

Third - it was mentioned above - there's not way to return to the Search Results! If you click on the back button on your browser, it automatically resets the Search engine, and now you have to start all over again at the beginning.

Please improve the Search function!

The Search function needs some serious help.

For starters, the default is posts newer than 1 week. I think most of us use it to check posts a lot older than that, and its annoying to have to fiddle with the dates.

2nd. There's no way to fine tune the search to just the initial posts. For example, if I type in "Triple Couloir" as a search, the Search engine will not only show me every intitial post with "triple couloir" mentioned, it will also show me every RESPONSE to that post. This is a real drag, especially so when the search is much broader - like trying to only find "Liberty Ridge" trip reports.

Third - it was mentioned above - there's not way to return to the Search Results! If you click on the back button on your browser, it automatically resets the Search engine, and now you have to start all over again at the beginning.

Please improve the Search function!

In fact, all three of your desired improvements will be in place when we go to the new board. rockband.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I've just about had enough of this message when refreshing too quickly using the "view recent posts" button:

You cannot make another search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

What is the reason for this delay? Further, you don't have to wait "a few minutes" but only about five seconds, but that is not my main complaint.

When I am viewing the list of recent posts and I open a post in the list then hit the back button too quickly (say because I don't want to view that thread after all), it gives me that crappy message above. I should be able to go back to the list unencumbered. Irksome, it is. Yes.

Okay, I've just about had enough of this message when refreshing too quickly using the "view recent posts" button:

You cannot make another search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

...Irksome, it is. Yes.

Yeah Paul, that's the same message one gets when one does searches, and what I meant by my earlier post above, quoted below:

When performing searches, and you get your results, and click on one and find it's not what you wanted, so you want to go back to the results page. So you click the "Back" button, it says, "POST DATA" and stuff, so you click "OK" and hit the "Back" button again, it dumps you out of all the results and puts you back at the search page. That sucks.

Is there a way that it can just go back to the results page so you don't have to re-type all the search parameters and start over?

• 1 month later...

I would like to see a "conditions" section in the ice climbing forum. There is a website, neice.com, that i used to use back east. They did a great job with this. Just updated contditions reports seperated by location (lworth, baker, snoqualmie, rainier, etc.) . No spray. I be happy to bring a camera and contribute during the winter months, and It would make those long drives worth it more of the time.

arentz

• 3 weeks later...