What Do you Want to See?

gapertimmy

in your ideal world of spray, what would you like to see?

Our current bbs software vendor/package is getting a bit stale, and support/product updates are sparse so I'm looking around a bit.

I'm sure many of you out there frequent numerous other message boards, and i'm curious what you like, and what features you think we could really use here on cc.com.

I realize there are a few things that have already been pointed out:

-Better Search Facility

-Chat

-Faster

-Perhaps a better picture gallery solution

A few things I have been toying with are:

-RSS feeds

-Donation Integration

Anyhow, y'all being the users of this site, I want to hear what you would like. It still blows my mind that this place has grown so much in the past (is it 4 years now?) few years, and I want to make sure you sprayers are happy.

Thanks

timmy

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The biggest issue for me is the pictures. I think it's a real shame that all the pictures in all of the old trip reports are screwed up. People put a lot of time and energy into making those TRs, and they are the best feature of this site, so I'd make that a priority.

I don't really have a right to complain since I haven't donated any money (though I will when I get a job), but that's my biggest complaint.

Thanks and Cheers!

One thing that had bugged me on a number of occasions is, when viewing others' gallery images and I've wanted to send one of them a PM, if I click on their name below the image it takes me to a stats page for that person, but does not provide a link to send a PM to them. This means I have to look elsewhere for that person's profile page. It would be nice if their profile page came up or at least a "Send a PM" link was supplied.

Test for attachments.

Edit:

Okay, two things I noticed about attachments:

1. The pasted jpeg in the post now gets squished, causing loss of readability of text. This is lame. Why does an image get compressed now? Note that you can get around the compression problem by manually pasting the image the old way as I have done here. However, the compressed version still shows up at the bottom of the photo.

437851-BCcartoon_sm.jpg

2. It isn't possible to have an attachment w/o having it also appear at the bottom of the post. It would be nice to have the option of pasting or not pasting it in the post.

437851-BCcartoon_sm.jpg.ad09c7581b1319b79da9215adb9ed4f2.jpg

Edited by klenke

• 3 weeks later...

I know it would not be all good, but can we load the old software that we had before?

right now:

*About every 3rd thread won't load for me

*My preview balloon doesn't work with this new software (means I don't read half as much stuff as I used to)

* Doesn't remeber me on my log in

* Plus cc is WAY slower than before

People I've talked to at the crags lately have said they are experiencing all the same things as me so it isn't my computer or me.

__

You guys do a great job. Let's just write this up as a mistake and go back to the old software.

Thanks for giving us CC it is a great resource!

Test for attachments.

Edit:

Okay, two things I noticed about attachments:

[snip]

2. It isn't possible to have an attachment w/o having it also appear at the bottom of the post. It would be nice to have the option of pasting or not pasting it in the post.

This is now the default behaviour again, the attachment does not appear in the post, and you will have to edit the url into an image tag if you want to have it show up.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One minor thing that I'd like is that:

When you create a new thread or post in an existing thread, that thread should be automatically toggled as a "Favorite Topic!" and you should receive emails on it. (Instead of having to toggle it manualy). Small quibble I know, but it would increase the ease of use of this site immensely for me.

One minor thing that I'd like is that:

When you create a new thread or post in an existing thread, that thread should be automatically toggled as a "Favorite Topic!" and you should receive emails on it. (Instead of having to toggle it manualy). Small quibble I know, but it would increase the ease of use of this site immensely for me.

Only if it is an option we can make default or not in our prefs...

Yes, no auto "favorite topic" unless one explicitely asks for it. In the same vein, it would be nice to have a "My Active Threads" view that returns all the threads that one has posted to (within a time limit) that got some other responses.

What software are you migrating to?

drC

The new software has a subscription option when you make your post, with no email updates, instant, daily, and weekly update options.

The Private Messaging system allows you to message more then one person at a time and allows you to attach files and images and have polls.

In the same vein, it would be nice to have a "My Active Threads" view that returns all the threads that one has posted to (within a time limit) that got some other responses.

i like this suggestion. thumbs_up.gif having a personally modifiable front page would be awesome - although perhaps not very feasible ... something like the home page but with more options for the things you're watching or want to watch that makes it easy to review those threads (like active topics). cantfocus.gif does that make any sense?