Was John Wayne gay?

crazyjizzy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it that gay people love him too and want to claim him, or that antiestablishment-for-spite types can't stand the rest of us having any kind of classic America childhood hero?

Or, maybe he was gay.

This is totally irrelevant to my question. I'm sure all sorts of people we'd never suspect have all sorts of varying sexual proclivities. People chose to keep that stuff private for their own reasons. You don't "out" someone because they're gay, you out them for your own agenda.

Edited by Ben Beckerich

And I think it's fairly rare for people who engage in homosexual activity to "be gay" to begin with... Just as hardly anyone can be classified as entirely heterosexual, just as few can be classified as entirely homosexual. You have people who generally prefer heterosexual sex, people who generally prefer homosexual sex, and then everyone else somewhere in between. It's not at all uncommon for men claiming to be heterosexual in lifestyle to like to engage in homo sexual activity.

So even if he did once, sometimes, or even frequently screw dudes, he might still not have been "gay." Calling John Wayne "gay" is nothing more than a deliberate attempt to smear him, to shatter the contemptible hero-image we have of our boyhood icon of American toughness and masculinity... "haha, dumb American (says the croc-wearing, ear-gaged anti-American American)- your straight, tough hero is a dick eating fag."

That's how it feels, anyway. I couldn't care less what or who he did in the sack. Or all my other dead boyhood heroes so many spitefully antiestablishment types have tried to do the same thing to. It's the nature of the attack I don't care for.

So even if he did once, sometimes, or even frequently screw dudes, he might still not have been "gay." Calling John Wayne "gay" is nothing more than a deliberate attempt to smear him, to shatter the contemptible hero-image we have of our boyhood icon of American toughness and masculinity... "haha, dumb American (says the croc-wearing, ear-gaged anti-American American)- your straight, tough hero is a dick eating fag."

So your hero was a shade of gay, so what? Why is that so bad? Calm down there sailor! I'm not sure why you blame others for wreaking your childhood delusions. The facts are always stranger than fiction, most people learn that with age. He can still be an image of toughness and masculinity for ya...those can be gay too.

So your hero was a shade of gay, so what? Why is that so bad? Calm down there sailor! I'm not sure why you blame others for wreaking your childhood delusions. The facts are always stranger than fiction, most people learn that with age. He can still be an image of toughness and masculinity for ya...those can be gay too.

You're missing the point entirely. I already said I don't care if he screwed dudes, or even if he would have called himself "gay."

I couldn't care less what or who he did in the sack. Or all my other dead boyhood heroes so many spitefully antiestablishment types have tried to do the same thing to. It's the nature of the attack I don't care for.
You obviously care enough to put it on a public form for discussion. Just say'n.

I couldn't care less what or who he did in the sack. Or all my other dead boyhood heroes so many spitefully antiestablishment types have tried to do the same thing to. It's the nature of the attack I don't care for.
You obviously care enough to put it on a public form for discussion. Just say'n.

I thought you guys were quicker than this.

What's my "point?"

What's my "point?"

i never met anyone who described ole-betard-dave as "quick" :lmao:

who gives a shit if john wayne was gay? regardless, if he was, it is funny, given that he played characters that were unambiguously NOT ghey

What's my "point?"

i never met anyone who described ole-betard-dave as "quick" :lmao:

Sharp as a marble and twice as dense. :)