ice in the making?

pope

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know of anything that has formed, but I plan to use my weekend to check stuff out. maybe even get early season scared..! Probably be heading Pauls way one of the days.

One things for sure, you dont need a snowmobile yet to get to the good spots

Alex

just returned from wasting some time up the cascade river road with a headcold. there are some thin low-angle flows on the slabs below cascade pass and a couple steep thin drools formed directly below the sill glacier (if that's your thing). the fault-line route on the left side of j-berg's northeast face looks like it might be a good mixed climb right now---likely need a bivy if you went to the summit. as of 2 weeks ago, the 1985 route on j-berg (couldn't scope it from the parking lot this morning) and the triplets couloirs looked like they could use a bit more precip.

[ 11-01-2002, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: rat ]

quote:

Originally posted by rat:

just returned from wasting some time up the cascade river road with a headcold. there are some thin low-angle flows on the slabs below cascade pass and a couple steep thin drools formed directly below the sill glacier (if that's your thing). the fault-line route on the left side of j-berg's north face looks like it might be a good mixed climb right now---likely need a bivy if you went to the summit. as of 2 weeks ago, the 1985 route on j-berg (couldn't scope it from the parking lot this morning) and the triplets couloirs looked like they could use a bit more precip.

from what i understand you are a steep thin drool.....

[laf]

yah, we did zee Toof yestarday, my vigin Toof ascent. I thought it was a quality route!

The ice around source lake is forming, and almost in...almost meening that it is probably climbable, but by the looks of it you'd be hard pressed to get good pro in. If this cold sticks around it will be ready very soon. [big Drink]

today im stuck raking leaves [Frown]

[ 11-03-2002, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: Lambone ]

quote:

Originally posted by Fence Sitter:

there were a few waterfalls forming up at heliotrope ridge, but they were so disconnected to teh rock, you couldn't even hook without a chunk comming off...but who knows what the next few weeks may bring?...

You were in the wrong area man. We hit up a 1/4 pitch waterfall and it was super fun. 100 yards from the tent baby.

[Wink]

quote:

Originally posted by COL. Von Spanker:

quote:

Originally posted by Fence Sitter:

there were a few waterfalls forming up at heliotrope ridge, but they were so disconnected to teh rock, you couldn't even hook without a chunk comming off...but who knows what the next few weeks may bring?...

You were in the wrong area man. We hit up a 1/4 pitch waterfall and it was super fun. 100 yards from the tent baby.

fence sitter, you missed out big time. the wi2+ stream fucking rocked!!! [big Grin] (thanks for the tr, fern!)

naw i just got the pics back and dmn it was fun...we got our fair share of vertical ice in the ice field we had to cross up on the glacier [big Grin] but then descended down to a 2+ pitch waterfall...i went up about 12 feet and decided that i was a dumbass for even being on that thing as a nice sheet came down and knocked my boot out and i barndoored...good times though...perhaps after this warm/wet spell i will head back up there and check things out...that WI2 sounds killer...we'll have to hook it up sometime... [big Drink]