Anti-fog goggles

StephenBecker

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For skiing/mountaineering, I have two pairs that work especially well for me that don't fog up. One pair is by Bolle' and the other is by Uvex. They both have these vent systems on the top, bottom, and sides that allow exchange of ambient air to the area behind the goggle that reduces fog quite nicely. They both retail for around $30 to $35 at the ski resort, but you could prolly get them cheaper at a gear store in town.

As as an aside, you could always buy that "anti-fog" stick (or cloth) and treat them with that.

I am a frigging sweat monkey, so my goggles fog regularly. I have, however, had some success with the Bolle Krait. It has the phototropic lense which is pretty cool too. Although it is not a drastic change, the lense does lighten and darken to meet conditions. I also use "Cat Crap" which seems to help a bit. The biggest thing is keep your goggles dry on the inside. So dont take them off when it is snowing, and wipe your sweat from the foam gasket every once and a while. OR botox your face so you don't sweat!!

peace

Kyle

Don't take them off once they are on. and when wearing them bring them over the forehead instead of starting around the neck and going up to the eyes. prevents some fogging.

i've heard of goggles with a small motor and a fan. Not pulling your leg...honest. they cost $180 or something. never fog. EVER.