Gott Peaks & Sloquet Creek Hotsprings

sunyata

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sloqeut hotsprings have been destroyed by people then cleaned up by some locals and now you have to pay to go there like meager and I think there is a open and closed time like meager. When there waws no bridge and you had to 4 wheel to the springs the place was pristine!!

Bridge at 55km was reviewed a while ago by Forestry Engineers and load rated at 0kg due to age and log rot.

That means unsafe for any traffic over it.

They monitored traffic flow on it for a while but did not stop anyone.

They finally brought in heavy equipment and took the bridge out a week or so ago.

I have heard that due to budget cuts there are no plans to replace it before spring if at all.

This is because there is still access from the Pemberton side.

Means the long way around for Skookumchuk and Sloquet

Guess what guys?

On Friday Jan 21st, we, as in In-SHUCK-ch Council, (where my wife works) heard unofficially the Doctor's Creek and Bremner's Creek bridges will be replaced. Thanks to Chilliwack and Squamish MoF. This will be worked into the new fiscal year's budget, meaning after April 1, 2005.

During a meeting they had, Chief Darryl Peters, from Douglas First Nation mentioned that there was a 4x4 organization trying to fix one of the bridges on the west side.

you can get in from mt currie/pemberton

dunno if sloqeut road itself is plowed

http://www.for.gov.bc.ca/dsq/Engineering/roadinformation.htm

For Gott Peaks area: the much better access on skis is via Channel Creek, which is the next creek to the east of Blowdown (before Gott Cr). A good road in light 4x4 condition leads to a cutblock that gives easy access to the lakes to the south. The tour through the valley up to and past these lakes is excellent, and the highest lake is a suberb campsite. A 8300ft peak with a small glacier on its N side is an excellent ski - we also skied off the 8700 ft peak just to the north. The area is a little far to climb Gott Peak itself, but the approach to the alpine is far shorter when the Blowdown road isn't driveable. Last weekend I measured 210cm at 5500 ft in Marriott Basin, so there should be plenty of snow.

No hot springs, though!

• 2 weeks later...