Ribbon-based economy

Squid

To add the the confusion, the number of biners left on Girth Pillar, if you still pee the bed, and the whole IQ/SAT score variables have lifted this into the realm of quantum physics. Squid and I have contacted Stephen Hawkings and will be working with him on this one. Additionally, the time machine which I bought over the internet should be operational soon, so we'll be going back in time to consult with Einstien and Abraham Lincoln on the problem. I expect the project is going to take about 70 man months.

Ahem! snaf.gif

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Olyclimber & Squid, please make sure to check in with Socrates, Billy the Kid and Beethoven too. With all that brainpower you should be able to answer not only the question of which climber is having the most fun, but also...

If a climber drops a biner on the Girth Piller and there's no one around, does NOLSe hear it?

This thread generated a bit of controversy and confusion, so I've done some research. Attached is a graph to help you understand my findings:

436770-Status.JPG

According to this thing, NOLS courses is dependent upon days per week climbing. I think that you need to somehow incorporate three independent variables (days per week/NoLS courses/Years in outdoor retail) to form the dependent variable of "How much like NOLSe and Cracked am I?"

Not that I want to ruin things with logic Blake, but the line indicates climber status, not any relationship between NOLS courses or days per week climbing. Also, remember that we're crunching some serious numbers with some variables I strategically omitted. This isn't rocket science here....it is way harder than that. I've got my overclocked Timex Sinclair working on it right now.

This thread generated a bit of controversy and confusion, so I've done some research. Attached is a graph to help you understand my findings:

436770-Status.JPG

According to this thing, NOLS courses is dependent upon days per week climbing. I think that you need to somehow incorporate three independent variables (days per week/NoLS courses/Years in outdoor retail) to form the dependent variable of "How much like NOLSe and Cracked am I?"

So let me get this straight if I were to take 7 NOLS coursed I could climb 7.5 days a week?

How does this work? Do advanced NOLS students learn how to control time? wazzup.gif

Not that I want to ruin things with logic Blake, but the line indicates climber status, not any relationship between NOLS courses or days per week climbing. Also, remember that we're crunching some serious numbers with some variables I strategically omitted. This isn't rocket science here....it is way harder than that. I've got my overclocked Timex Sinclair working on it right now.

There are no units of measurement on the "climber status" line. How will I know when I'm going from Mountie-basic to Fred Beckey... or even, gasp, NOlSe? yelrotflmao.gif

Shush! How do you expect me to make any progress with my research IF YOU KEEP BOTHERING ME?!!

gizmo1.jpg

When I finish the SPRAY EMISSION DETECTOR (fig.1) you be able to determine the amount of spray you emit per manhour-mile*boltsclipped/drawspulled^2.

duh.

Ergo, they're both climbers..because they get no play?

This leads us to the classic reductio ad absurdum conclusion that Dwayner is a climber, which we all recognize as an untenable position, therefore I fucked something up.

Hold on here Squid. Although most in cc.com firmly hold the position that Dwayner isn't a climber. I vaguely remeber Dwayner posting an account of him and Pope climbing piton tower and another of there approach and descent of dreamer tr a few years back. But maybe this doesn't count since he is not climbing multiple times per week?

Which raises the question if Dwayner goes climbing and no one but Pope is there to see it, did he really climb?

I'm so confused best leave this stuff up to you experts.