i suck

Gary_Yngve

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you not climb the 5.8 or could you not fall off the 5.8?

I was curious as to why one has to demonstrate falling skills...it's the easiest part of climbing. hahaha.gif

fucking backclipped my first draw (actually, i clipped it properly, but the draw was twisted when i clipped it, so the end-result was a backclip)

that's what i get for not leading a sport route since 2002

the sad thing is i didn't want the lead cert to lead-climb in the gym -- I'd rather top-rope the same route in the gym -- i wanted it so I could lead-belay other gapers who felt that they would be more manly when leading a bolt ladder as opposed to TRing

The guy who failed him climbed the Grand Wall with him last summer.

Fucking harsh. You've climbed outside with the guy who failed you inside? thumbs_down.gif In that case, it doesnt seem that the error merits a no-pass, especially from someone you're semi-acquainted with. In addition to failing you, did you let him kick you in the nuts when you came down? wazzup.gif

I would have failed the one at club milf except the lady doing the test was kind enough to explain the answers to the questions she was asking. Like "explain to me what a z clip is". I said not clipping your draws in a straight line to that one.

Buzzzzzzzz Nope.

But she patiently and thankfully explained it. Now I know.

So it only proves I need to gym climb more!

would somebody please explain to me why you have to pass a lead climbing test in order to belay a leader in the gym? shouldn't you just have to pass a lead belay check or something? i've belayed plenty of people leading stuff i'd never lead. haven't killed any of them yet hahaha.gif

The gym is for working out. There are plenty of people in there that do nothing but climb in the gym, and feel pretty brave for being "lead" climbers. I resisted leading in the gym for a while, saying it was lame and no different than TRing anyway.

The truth is, finding stable clipping positions on that overhanging 5.12 changes the experience, and more importantly the workout, very dramatically.

I agree with all that, but what are the alternatives? Chin ups in the basement? Fitness world? Take it for what it is, and have fun with it!

Yeah its real sweet when you're like 15 feet off the deck and have only clipped the first bolt five feet off the deck and your busting akward 5.12 moves. Stupid.

Problem is the routes are too short and the route setters are retahded.