the best digital camera for the mountains

OlegV

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only place I've seen that stocks the Pelican and Otterboxes is REI, and they are very unpredictable about what models/sizes they keep on hand. I have seen both the models I mentioned in the Spokane REI store at one time or another. The only other place to look would be rafting/kayaking outfitter stores, since they tend to stock dryboxes from time to time.

The REI links are:

Otterbox 8000

Pelican 1020

Pelican 1010

NRS has them too

Pelican Micro Cases at NRS

Otterbox 8000 at NRS

I might be wrong on the Model # of the Pelican that fits the Pentax 550 so good... I thought it was the 1020 but now I am second guessing myself and thinking perhaps it was a 1010... I will call my friend who has one and find out which one it is and post again.

Edited by Kit

Ok to set the record straight it is the Pelican 1010 case that I was thinking of that is so compact and still fits the Pentax Optio 500 series. I am guessing that it would be a fit for the Canon S500 series or similar compact camera.

Pentax is coming out with a new waterproof pocket-camera. There are no user reviews that I can find yet, but if the image quality is good this would be a pretty sweet little toy. Pentax Optio WP: 5 mp with 3x optical zoom, a super small body with the zoom internal, and waterproof.