Sexy PETA Vegetarians?

Thinker

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overheard in a college library "I don't eat meat, meat is a symbol of the patriarchy" WTF? hellno3d.gif

Most vegans I've met are absent a sense of humour at the very least, a few screws often. It's damn hard to get enough calories for an active lifestyle eschewing all animal products.

This thread needs more photos of Tofutti Cuties:

400-blair.jpg

Blair, 24, lives in Pace, Florida. Blair could be called a hero to cats, as she has rescued felines abandoned on the highway, stranded in a tree, and dying of a snake bite. By sticking to a vegetarian diet, Blair is a hero to farmed animals every day.

To be a real vegan you have to say no to wool in favor of polypro, butter in favor of margarine, leather in favor of fabric... can't eat honey! Honey exploits bees! No silk....free the silkworms from patriarchy!

Seriously their beliefs are funny but I admire the discipline it takes to live that kind of life. More horsecock for me HCL.gif

Overheard in a college library "I don't eat meat, meat is a symbol of the patriarchy" WTF? hellno3d.gif

Most vegans I've met are absent a sense of humour at the very least, a few screws often. It's damn hard to get enough calories for an active lifestyle eschewing all animal products.

There is actually a book out there called "The Sexual Politics of Meat" which supposedly argues that white males used consumption of animal protein to fortify themselves for the conquest and continual subordination of women and minorities -- or something like that.

Must be high on the vegan reading list.

Did ya read about the PETA founder who tried to auction off a chunk of her skin with a tattoo on it through Ebay UK?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=2&ObjectID=10009179

LONDON - A plan by an animal rights activist to sell a lizard tattoo on her right arm came unstuck when the auction website she was using said he could not sell "human remains".

eBay UK removed "Lizard Skin", an auction offered by Ingrid Newkirk, the British founder of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (Peta) because her ad breached guidelines.

Peta, the world's biggest animal rights group, said eBay regarded the tattoo as "human remains" which contravened the company's policy to not allow auctions of human body parts.

Newkirk said in a statement she was unimpressed by the move:

"I am just another animal, these are animal remains," she said.

"You can't miss the irony when it is acceptable to steal skins from their original owners and auction them off, but forbidden to auction a person's voluntarily offered skin to be surrendered only upon her death."

Billed as "waterproof and weathered" and "suitable for making into a wallet or watch strap", the tattoo was offered to draw attention to the plight suffered by skinned animals.

Proceeds had been due to go to charity.

Pre-auction press release from PETA:

http://www.peta.org/mc/NewsItem.asp?id=5830

London – PETA founder and author of Making Kind Choices Ingrid Newkirk hopes to continue to draw attention to the alternatives to animal abuse and exploitation even after her death-by auctioning off the lizard tattoo on the skin of her arm in a bid to save the lives of animals who would otherwise be skinned and made into purses, wallets or shoes. It’s "the only skin you can wear and use with the express permission of the original owner", says Newkirk. The auction began on eBay this morning at http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...ssPageName=WDVW, and the estimated delivery date of the skin is 2037 or earlier, pending owner’s expiration. The buyer nets a certificate of authenticity and ownership now and the "weathered, naturally aged" skin when Newkirk dies.

"Euphemisms like ‘leather’ and ‘meat’ help mask the cruelty that goes into stealing and slaughtering for clothing, trinkets and taste", explains Newkirk. "It may be uncomfortable to contemplate, but we’re all flesh and blood, and we all share the same feelings of pain, joy and grief and the desire to live and love others. The difference is only that human beings have the luxury of being able to make kind choices and live our lives without contributing to misery and death. My hope is that, even after I’m gone, I can continue my work by making that point."

By auctioning off her "lizard skin" for use as a wallet, conversation piece or display, Newkirk shows that there are many kind choices you can make in life-donating your old reading glasses to the elderly poor, your towels and newspapers to animal shelters and your books to literacy programmes and, indeed, recycling every bit of yourself, from your organs, the use of which can reduce the use of animals in experiments, down to your own hide. For people who don’t want to go that far, Newkirk’s new book, Making Kind Choices, out this month, details more than 500 easy ways that people going about their daily lives can make a difference for animals and the Earth simply by choosing kindness over cruelty.

The purchase price for Newkirk’s skin will be donated to the "Shed Your Skin" Campaign, which promotes humane alternatives to leather and exotic animal skins. To learn more about the campaign, please visit ShedYourSkin.com.

The starting bid is £5,000.

Edited by Thinker

Common usage of "vegetarian" does not include people who eat fish. Generally it is used to denote people who eat eggs and dairy, ie lacto-ovo vegetarians.

I have, on more than one occasion, talked with a self-identified "vegetarian" who answered in the affirmative when further queried on the specifics of whether they consumed fish, crustaceans, or mollusks.

Edited by KaskadskyjKozak

Meat can stay in the warmth of the intestine for at least four days until it is digested. It does nothing but wait for passage. Often, it usually stays there for much longer, traces remaining for up to several months. Colonic therapists always see meat passing through in people who have been vegetarians for several years, thus indicating that meat remains undigested there for a long time.

Hey, if a hottie doesn't want rancid flesh in her intestine, I am o.k. with that! thumbs_up.gif

Me, I LOVE my rancid, undigested intestinal flesh! hellno3d.gifhahaha.gif

Colonic therapists always see meat passing through in people who have been vegetarians for several years, thus indicating that meat remains undigested there for a long time.

I read that and thought of the number of "vegetarians" I know who eat meat yelrotflmao.gif

And JayB - didn't you know that a diet high in protein and amino acids is bad because it will fuel patriarchal genocide and conquest?