Things, and TV shows

Bogen

What's up with some of this shit? I assumed that stuff like BBQ chicken potato chips and the Ellen Degenerate show were inflicted on us innocent canadians because they were popular with our less cultured brethren to the south. I mean really, who loves that idiot raymond? Somebody must watch this shit somewhere, hell both these shows have won awards. Is it you? It ain't me!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whither thou Mckinzie Brothers? Stange Brew has to be Canada's most valuable cultural export ever. Hands Down.

But getting back to the subject - this is some strange talk for someone from a country that has unilaterally inflicted Celine Dion and Bryant Adams on the world...

Whither thou Mckinzie Brothers? Stange Brew has to be Canada's most valuable cultural export ever. Hands Down.

But getting back to the subject - this is some strange talk for someone from a country that has unilaterally inflicted Celine Dion and Bryant Adams on the world...

I would just like to point out that while Celine may have originated in this country, she'd be working at a Tim Horton's in Chicoutimi if it weren't for all her adoring AMERICAN fans throwing fist-fulls of money at her every time she opens her mouth. I mean, sure, we let her get out in the first place, and that's clearly our bad, but if you honestly want her to go home, then for God's sake STOP FEEDING HER!! She desperately needs to feel adored by someone, anyone, and in the US she's found vast throngs of the pathetic, fawning idolators that sustain her. As far as I can tell, she's there because you people want her there, and you're welcome to her.

Let's face it - you Americans can't get enough of that dreck (or "dreque", in Celine's case). Not only do you keep all the Celine Dion's and Kenny G's and Yianni's of the world on artificial life support in order to satisfy your pathological craving for schlock, but you're actively scouring the country hoping to find more. This "American Idol" thing you're all addicted to is the pop music equivalent of drilling for oil in ANWR. Instead of constantly trying to increase your supply, maybe you should start weaning yourselves from that crap before it kills you.

And I, for one, can remember when Bryan Adams played Rock & Roll - Gawd, how old does that make me? frown.gif

Watching American Idol is kind of like watching a train wreck. That show is scary.

.....I'd watch "Canadian Idol"

That'd be awesome!! rockband.gif

I tried watching "Canadian Idol" but didn't get past the opening introductions. I seem to have a violent allergic reaction to Ben Mulroney - every time his face shows up on the screen I have to lunge for the remote to change channels. I'm sure Ben is a nice enough guy, but that face... depending on the angle I see either his father, or his mother, or even (shudder) both at once. So no Canadian Idol for me, which is just as well since I'm only half-way through my Special Bruno Gerussi Memorial Edition CD-ROM Box Set of the Beachcombers, and I want to finish it all by summer.

I would just like to point out that while Celine may have originated in this country, she'd be working at a Tim Horton's in Chicoutimi if it weren't for all her adoring AMERICAN fans throwing fist-fulls of money at her every time she opens her mouth. I mean, sure, we let her get out in the first place, and that's clearly our bad, but if you honestly want her to go home, then for God's sake STOP FEEDING HER!! She desperately needs to feel adored by someone, anyone, and in the US she's found vast throngs of the pathetic, fawning idolators that sustain her. As far as I can tell, she's there because you people want her there, and you're welcome to her.

Let's face it - you Americans can't get enough of that dreck (or "dreque", in Celine's case). Not only do you keep all the Celine Dion's and Kenny G's and Yianni's of the world on artificial life support in order to satisfy your pathological craving for schlock, but you're actively scouring the country hoping to find more. This "American Idol" thing you're all addicted to is the pop music equivalent of drilling for oil in ANWR. Instead of constantly trying to increase your supply, maybe you should start weaning yourselves from that crap before it kills you.

And I, for one, can remember when Bryan Adams played Rock & Roll - Gawd, how old does that make me? frown.gif

You are not gettting off of the hook that easily Murray. The citizens of Canada need to realize that they cannot inflict this kind of aesthetic crimes on the rest of humanity indefinitely and expect to be insulated in your little northern citadel when the rest of the world gets fed up and decides to retaliate. The first step in preventing the US from engaging in its own "unprovoked" attacks on your sensibilities is to look deep inside your Canadian souls and yourselves "why do they innundate us?" Maybe then, and only then, will you begin to understand the changes you be capable of constructing an entertainment policy that makes your entertainers and programs less despised abroad, and keeps you safe in your barcoloungers..

Bruno Gerussi Memorial Edition CD-ROM Box Set of the Beachcombers

Holy fucking shit, I thought nobody but me knew about that show. I grew up in detroit, and we used to get a CBC channel out of Windsor. I used watch that show all the time when I was a kid.

Oh and I didn't even know there was a Canadian Idol. That's just wrong. Are the Barenaked Ladies ever guest judges? Or the Crash Test Dummies? Or Terry Jacks?