BD skins *DELETED*

Jedi

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been told it's not that hard to reapply new adhesive but I'm not gonna try it.

It is very easy to reglue skins. Lay them out glue side up. Tear up some brown paper bags and lay it over the skin. Use a hot iron over the bag to melt the glue that will stick to the paper. Lift off the paper and place a clean sheet over the same spot on the skin. Repeat this until all the glue is off the skin and you have a completely clean and non-sticky surface. Once you have taken all the glue off, apply a new thin layer with a paint brush. You can get the glue in any respectable ski shop. You now have a brand new pair of skins without any twigs or pine needles stuck in them. The only way you can really fuck this up is if you hold the iron over one spot for too long and melt the synthetic fibers on the other side of the skin. To avoid this, don't set the iron too hot and only run it over the paper a few times before lifting the paper.

Plinko, that would mean less beer and I do like that Ice Axe brew at the West Rib. Someone pm'd me eariler but have not gotten back with me yet. I'm gonna wait on them since they contacted me 1st.

70" is about 178 and 183 is only 2" longer. There is 8" folded over at the front end. That would leave 6" which I would only assume would be ok. I'm gonna contact BD tomorrow and see if that is ok.

I bet mneagle knows.

Jedi