[TR] Mt. Baker- Kulshan Ridge, East 1/30/2005

IanOutThere

Climb: Mt. Baker-Kulshan Ridge, East

Date of Climb: 1/30/2005

Trip Report:

Despite the rain in the parking lot I skiied at Mt. Baker both Sat and Sun.. After climbing up to artist's point I was pleasently surprised at the amount of snow coming down.. on sunday we skiied some gullies past the parking area off Huntoon Point and I found 4-5" of fresh wetness in places.. the wind was coming in pretty good and nearly covering of ascent track. There was very few people, obviously...

The last line of the day coming back into the resort on the west side down to Iceberg Lake, I started a propogation of wet sliding snowmen... I was skiing off fall line so it wasn't the biggest deal, but it washed down into the gullies and ran all the way down to the flats... this was just the new snow moving on the 18" of rain consolidated junk... fun skiing if you can handle the cascade cement - hey it's still fresh tracks!

Gear Notes:

tele, avi equip.

Approach Notes:

rain in parking lot, snowing at 4400'

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a overall good time. Even just getting up there and finding snow its going to be a better day then most. If either of ya'll looking for a someone to ride with, I live in bellingham, have weekends and tue/thurs open. PM me and we could meet up and get out.

Edited by pfleeger