El Potrero Chico

Matt_Anderson

Leaving for 3 full days of climbing in a couple of weeks. Have the logistics all handled, but would like info on the climbs. I understand that we can get a home grown guide book when we get there, but would like to dream in the meantime.

Anybody know where I can find beta?

Hoping for multipitch in the .11 range, + or -.

Yes, I have found the descriptions for "space boys" - curious if anything else is available online.

There was an article on it in one of the mags a while ago. Anybody remember which rag, which issue? (I probably have, just haven't gotten around to finding it . . .

Thanks!

Edited by Matt_Anderson

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...There was an article on it in one of the mags a while ago. Anybody remember which rag, which issue? (I probably have, just haven't gotten around to finding it . . .

Thanks!

There was definitely an article in Climbing several years ago before I stopped taking the rag. I think it was in 1994 or 1995. I can check "the library" tonight when I get home and report back.

If you are looking for multi-pitch in the .11 range Devil's Path (El Sendoro Diablo 5.11, 6 pitches) instantly comes to mind. Another great climb is Time Wave Zero (23 pitches) with only two .11 pitches one 12a bolted closely enough to pull on quick-draws and many more pitches mostly 5.9 is worth checking out.

Matt I was there in November. Many new routes put up everyday. I am in Korea at the moment but I do have the newest guide book that was out in Nov. but I know there is a newer one. I will be home in about a week so can send you some beta. The guide book you buy in the US is crap (jeff jackson one).

Ben