colonial

gym_rat

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been up there skiing on Colonial and it is an attractive line. If you like that sort of thing, I don't think the route would be all that extreme under the right conditions.

The approach is a little harder than one might expect because, although I believe it is about fifteen hundred feet from the highway to where you break out of the trees, the route is travelling on a side-hill and there are lots of logs to crawl over. The descent is straight-forward.

in another thread, ibex wrote:

quote:

And so I thought to myself.... Do you give them a fish, or teach them to fish...?

In the upper right corner of your screen there is a "search" hotlink that will allow you to search the posts on this board.

not trying to be a jerk here, but it would take me as long to look up the thread as it will take you. a search under "colonial" in the "north cascades" board will find you some info.

Prepare to meet thy doom.

Here's the route description:

1)Grovel up hill through woods for all of time.

2)Climb over golaith mounds of avalanche debris to base of route at center of face, clenching bowels.

3)Turn back on loved ones, and the material world, and ascend face, past several empty coffins and underneath the gleaming, reaping blade of the Harvester, Death.

4)Shake hands with The Beast 666, and climb thorugh the eye of the Skull to the summit.

No problem!

p.s. I highly suggest that you buy some ice tools and try this as your first route of the season.

quote:

Originally posted by Necronomicon:

2)Climb over golaith mounds of avalanche debris to base of route at center of face, clenching bowels.

3)Turn back on loved ones, and the material world, and ascend face, past several empty coffins and underneath the gleaming, reaping blade of the Harvester, Death.

4)Shake hands with The Beast 666, and climb thorugh the eye of the Skull to the summit.

No problem!

p.s. I highly suggest that you buy some ice tools and try this as your first route of the season.

hey nec...is that the description of your old lady??? or the actual route?? you wannna belay me?

quote:

Originally posted by Necronomicon:

No problem!

[laf][rockband]

Aww, I was going to solo it with one axe and sneakers. Maybe I will anyways. Actually, I have no intention of climbing this face anytime soon, I only saw a photo of it and wanted to know how difficult the route is. Sounds like fun, though, let's wait a few months... [Cool]

quote:

Originally posted by rbw1966:

Metolius doesn't make climbing attire anymore--poseur.

True that Metolius doesn't make climbing attire anymore, however, that simply makes the Doctor rare and unique. Anyway, none of Prana's shorts are stretch fabric and they bunch up like a mo'fucker under a harness. Metolius is lame for leaving the sport contingent hanging, as it were.

Ha, sew your own. I made a pair of shorts using a pair of Pranas as a patters, out of Spandura. And DFA, for the REALLY hard routes that you can't climb, check out a 9.4mm rope and 3-cm dogbones for your wiregates. Maybe I should shut up and go climb. Still got homework though.