Rope Up!!!

Smoker

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

quote:

Originally posted by Charlie:

look at how fat my ass looks

It's the digital camera, Charlie; it adds 20 pounds.

Yeah that's it, it's the camera [Wink]

someday it'll add 20 lbs to my skinny ass [big Grin]

-

Either way it was a rockin' weekend

[big Drink][rockband][big Drink]

[ 10-21-2002, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: Smoker ]

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by lisa:

I had a great time!! How about a winter rope up for bc skiers and the like??

It was fun to meet many new folks and thanks for sharing your 'wacky backy', (smoke) Erik, Beck and Parker.

Be nice to your puppy Ray!!

A back country ski pary is a great idea. I think spring would be best. LET'S DO IT!!!!! Any suggestions for a good winter or spring location? I think spring would be best because the weather is usualy better and there is more day light. THIS WILL BE FUN!!!!! [big Grin][smile][big Drink][rockband]

That'd be good, but a kegger at the Keith Flavelle Memorial hut would be even flabber. Its a bit of a drive from Bend, perhaps, but you can get to the trailhead from Seattle in 5 hrs. (at night) and the Adams trailhead is at least 4. The hut sleeps 20 or more, and is strategically located below dozens of incredible ski runs - both above and below treeline. The ski in is only 3 1/2 miles and 1200 feet elevation gain, so a small alpine buddy -- 7 3/4 gallons -- could easily make the trip.

quote:

Originally posted by mattp:

That'd be good, but a kegger at the Keith Flavelle Memorial hut would be even flabber. Its a bit of a drive from Bend, perhaps, but you can get to the trailhead from Seattle in 5 hrs. (at night) and the Adams trailhead is at least 4. The hut sleeps 20 or more, and is strategically located below dozens of incredible ski runs - both above and below treeline. The ski in is only 3 1/2 miles and 1200 feet elevation gain, so a small alpine buddy -- 7 3/4 gallons -- could easily make the trip.

Be prepared to share the keg with the 40 random Canadian skiiers you will find there in anytime there is snow. One of the nearby "secret" huts would be a better choice but I cant tell you where they are or I will be killed by those determined to avoid the same type of crowding. Dont you guys have ANY huts of your own, other than Muir Hut?

quote:

Originally posted by gapertimmy:

rope up looks kewl and all, but cletus and i were up on hood bangin on some ice with the secret bend PC member, here's our friend britney doin her thang:

-

Dammit timmay, why'd you tell everyone about her?

She was supposed to remain SECRET, remember?

No, Wa ain't got huts worth any mention- I'll haul a keg anywhere on skis you guys want it to go and it won't have to be a pony, either- I think we could help entertain any local Canook hosts who might be in atendance.

As for smaller scale, pre- spring weekend bashes, a bivy upon Heather Ridge at Stevens Pass is very doable for an overnight PARTY destination.

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

Be prepared to share the keg with the 40 random Canadian skiiers you will find there in anytime there is snow. One of the nearby "secret" huts would be a better choice but I cant tell you where they are or I will be killed by those determined to avoid the same type of crowding. Dont you guys have ANY huts of your own, other than Muir Hut?

Dru is right about the hut's popularity -- during the winter -- but after the middle of march the interest in backcountry skiing seems to wane just as the prime season is just getting under way. In May, we would just as likely have it to ourselves. At least one of the "secret" huts is even easier to get to than Cerise Creek (Flavelle Hut), but Cerise is the nicest one I've been to and the it has an incredible variety of terrain from completely hairball death runs to easy touring.

Aside from a party, some winter exploration would be in order. The Coast Range has very accessible backcountry skiing that is ten times as good as what we have in the Cascades. If interested, contact me after the first of the year.