gapertimmy

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by krazy 1:

ohh you guys are krazy... this is really sad. we should all be sitting around the campfire right now tossing back a cold one showing each other are days war wounds...

this sucks.

muff hows it goin? are you going to get out there and climb a little snow with us this winter...?

wow - just jump in and lookie me i'm on top page
[Wazzup]

yes this does SUCK BIG TIME

[Frown][Frown][Frown]

and YES I hope so [big Grin] I got a job so time is crunched a bit more, and I think I want to learn to ski or something... holly shit I might be able to afford to do that this year [big Grin][big Grin]

what up with you sista?? [Wink]

uaa let me see..... i'm finally out of my cast so i went and rode my bike, climbed a little, now i hurt a little. SO I'M DOIN PRETTY GOOD!

i'm headin to NYC here in a week then when i get back heading up to do a little crap climbing on st helens......

i need to make it down to smith again. since i've only been there limited number o times, help me here - is the weather pretty good all year or what.

will you be back by november 9th???/ JK and I are planning to go to smith over that long weekend [big Grin] I hear the climbing is good all year... COLD!!!! but good [big Grin] one of my favorite ropeguns claims to have climed there in every month of the year [Wink]

I haven't climbed there in the winter yet.... but from what I understand you can get snowed on and still climb... lots of layers. It's high dessert so you freez your ass off at night. but if you chase the sun you can climb comfortably for most of the year (chasing shade in summer when it is ASS HOT [Eek!] , I have done that [Eek!] ) I bet in January and February you want a down jacket for belaying [big Grin] BRRRRRRRRRRR [big Grin] I have heard that some people use hand warmers in their chalk bags so they can grip the rock [Eek!]

yeah i've experenced the chasing the shade part - that sucks [Mad]

i guess there never is perfect. well i guess there is.... just doesn't last tooooooo long.

we will definatley have to plan a weekend to experence some war wounds together, there's nothin like bonding (not bondage mind you).

anyhooooooooo... i'm gonna head out and chill with a fine book on avalance terrain and how to show someone how to dig you out while in training. hope you have a great weekend! get out and climb something, even if it is the fire escape. (just not the REI rock.... please don't do that - that would be a cold day in hell) [hell no]

lata skata..

krazy

E-Rock-

I believe the flaming lips are the back up band for a beck show which either just took place or will be taking place out here soon. What an AWESOME show that would be, eh?! [rockband]

If it makes you feel any better muffy...

the weather is crap here...might have to resort to the gym tomorrow. [hell no] (no offense to you plastic pullers...its just not really my cup of tea).

[ 10-19-2002, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: carolyn ]

I am suposed to be climbing the ever populare Eugene collums tomorrow hopefully. But I have been majorly sick (strep to sinus infection) and I feel like I should be taking it somewhat easy on myself so I can get better.

I hear you Carolyn. I climb in the gym only when I have to. The weather here has been great.... my life has just been CRAZY [Roll Eyes]

quote:

Originally posted by allison:

I felt so sorry for myself tonight that I finally bought a digital camera.Thanks for all the help on this. I ended up with the Canon s30, can't wait to get my mitts on it.
[big Grin]

CCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!

[big Grin][big Grin][big Grin][big Grin][big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by carolyn:

[QB]E-Rock-

I believe the flaming lips are the back up band for a beck show which either just took place or will be taking place out here soon. What an AWESOME show that would be, eh?!
[rockband]

QB]

Is "here" minnesota? They played on the Pier in Seattle this summer but I didn't go cuz I don't really like big shows anymore. I'm a snotty indie-rocker.

I saw them at a bar in Salt Lake a few years ago, and they blew my mind. They do an excellent audio visual show to accompany the music, sheer brilliance. Wayne Coyne is a mad genius.

Speaking of Beck (I'm not a big fan), have you ever heard "One foot in the Grave?". It was his first album on K records and it's mostly folk tunes. Has the brilliant tune Asshole.

"She'll do anything.... to make you feel like an asshole"

Great song for when your bitter and heartbroken, not that I am right now.

Actually I shouldnt complain about the weather too much.

Its that inbetween rock and ice season right now.

We seem to be getting an early start on the snow and cold compared to the last few years.

Let the temps drop and the freshies (did I just say freshies?!?!? [Eek!] ) fly!!!!!!!!! [big Grin]

Cooking dinner for the girlfriend, but have a lot of salmon, pheasant and chuckar if interested in the future! As for geology books, I was a geology and forestry major in college. I loved driving around the West and seeing the roadside geology. They started a series of books called "Roadside Geology" in each state and tell how the different formations came about (age, deposition, types of minerals, sedimentary, metomorphic, etc.) pretty cool! Once you have the basic terms down, you can understand the books. Maybe even the kids would like it on road trips! Case in point, one of the locations in the books are just north of Eugene where large boulders are sitting out in the middle of farm fields. How do ya suppose they got there? They do not have any similarities to formations around Oregon! They actually came from the Lake Missoula floods when a glacier moved across a river and dammed the river to create an enormous lake. Eventually the water broke through the ice and flooded many states. Traces from the flood are found in Nebraska even! Striations left on the rocks around Missoula MT. are over 5,000' high along the sides of the mountains! Pretty cool. Maybe E-rock could give more details or sharpen my fuzzy memory.

Yup, that be in MN.

Ive seen the flaming lips a few times. I bartend at a nightclub (the one where purple rain was filmed). I would say flaming lips and iggy pop top my list of best shows Ive seen there. I hear ya on the big show thing, tho. Im pretty burned and jaded when it comes to music.

Ive heard "One foot in the Grave" a few times. A good friend of mine toured with beck waaaaaay back in the beginning. one time he played at the club. it was an all ages show, so you had to have an id to get into the drinking area. I carded him. He didnt have his id. I turned him away. He put up a big fuss. I didnt know it was him at frist! GEEEESH! Rock stars!!!!!!!! [laf]

quote:

Originally posted by ryland moore:

Cooking dinner for the girlfriend, but have a lot of salmon, pheasant and chuckar if interested in the future! As for geology books, I was a geology and forestry major in college. I loved driving around the West and seeing the roadside geology. They started a series of books called "Roadside Geology" in each state and tell how the different formations came about (age, deposition, types of minerals, sedimentary, metomorphic, etc.) pretty cool! Once you have the basic terms down, you can understand the books. Maybe even the kids would like it on road trips! Case in point, one of the locations in the books are just north of Eugene where large boulders are sitting out in the middle of farm fields. How do ya suppose they got there? They do not have any similarities to formations around Oregon! They actually came from the Lake Missoula floods when a glacier moved across a river and dammed the river to create an enormous lake. Eventually the water broke through the ice and flooded many states. Traces from the flood are found in Nebraska even! Striations left on the rocks around Missoula MT. are over 5,000' high along the sides of the mountains! Pretty cool. Maybe E-rock could give more details or sharpen my fuzzy memory.

VERRY INTERESTED!!! I love food.... I see we have much to talk about at the next pub club

[big Grin] no more missing them [Razz] sorry I can't help out tomorrow [Frown]

All of the Coulees in western Washington were formed by the Lake Missoula flood and are known as the scablands by geologists. (the snake river gorge in southern Idaho was formed by the same type of flood, but that was glacial lake bonneville in Utah). I didn't know that the flood carried debris that far, though.

There's an excellent article about it (and the early scientific controversy surrounding it) written by the late Stephen J. Gould. I wish I had a link to it because it's very good, but I HATE searching the internet.

The roadside geology books are excellent. By the way, never let a geologist drive in the desert when the sun is out, you will not stay in one lane, or on pavement for that matter.

Thanks everyone for making this non-climbing day more bareable (even thought I don't climb). Back to work.