The best spot to go for the $

Collin

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyrgyzstan... it's got it all: BIG wall & alpine. No 8k peaks, but Pobedy on the border with China at 7,439M (24,407') is the shiz. Lots of bang for the buck compared to their unit of currency, the som (pronounced "soam") - the average per capita income is 90USD/month.

...getting there won't kill your wallet...

OK, granted you're lookin' at 1,500USD to get there and back.

To comply with that stricture... go to Mexico.

Not sure if you consider this "not in the USA" per se.

Squamish!

1) You CAN DRIVE THERE

2) YOU CAN BRING ALL YOUR OWN FOOD AND CAMP

3) In season - lots if international flavor

4) Ridiculous climbing

Outside US - I've heard Mexico but can't vouch for it personally

An international ticket will run you >$700 most of the time unless you've got FF milescool.gif/other hookups. Add a couple hundred for other fees.

It won't be as cheap as Bolivia or Peru, but Argentina's pretty damn cheap, has excellent climbing (look up Refugio Frey) and will soon be going up in price as their economy gets back off the ground. Unless some nast job interferes I'm planning to be there for March and most of April.

You can easily drive to Utah and climb your ass off for less than that.

Why the fuck would you bring all your own food to Squamish when Canadian food is cheaper than American by 30-50%? Save money, buy Canadian.

Yeah, but you have to eat "Biftek", Poutine, and weird shit like that. hellno3d.gif

So, regarding the original question, do you want to rock climb or snow slog or what?

And your avatar image sux. thumbs_down.gif

Virgin Gorda in the British Virgin Islands. Cheap to get there: $400 roundtrip. Bushwackers are great!! Girls in bikinis and you have beautiful granite boulder on the beach. Get too hot, go snorkeling, towel off, boulder some more.

Best honeymoon I've ever taken!!

Virgin Gorda in the British Virgin Islands

That place sounds all good but is there any routes to climb? I couldn't find much info on the climbing there other than a few bouldering sites. Don't get me wrong, I love bouldering but I wouldn't mind getting off the ground.