Climbers Rescued in Hope?

bigwallpete

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Fairweather does raise a couple of valid points over there, however. I don't know whether we have a unusually high proportionate involvement in accidents or rescues among frequent poster to this site, but it could be. And, either way, the questions about how we address these matters on cc.com are also valid.

One time when I was sitting at home the phone rang and it was the Lillooet RCMP detachment wanting to know if I was safe yellaf.gif

It seems some idiot had called in a "missing climber" report after bailing off Mt Sloan and seeing me not turn around despite a rain shower had assumed that I got into trouble.

I asked the cops if they did not think that the fact my car was not still parked at the mountain was maybe an indication I was OK? They admitted they were just looking for an excuse to go out and fly the chopper around.

Mr. Fairweather seems to make some good points about the internet making climbs look easier or more accessible when he is not making incredible commentary about blustering internet characters. hmm.

They all bitch about people talking about accidents and then some launch into a pontification about how safe they climb etc, and how it would not happen to them JUST LIKE SOME OF THE TOOLS DO HERE ALL THE TIME! And then it finishes with more talk about not caring about other accidents or learning from them. I bet all the heliski operators are a bunch of wimps too for using infoex.

FW is a being a freakin pussy posting that on assend.com. The old man must be getting senile in his old age - or maybe he's just jealous of people that don't wear depends.

The people involved in the resuce didn't start this post and probably wouldn't have unless folks were speculating online about what happened. The first thing RBW did was to thank everyone involved. Senility must be bliss. the_finger.gif

Fairweather does raise a couple of valid points over there, however. I don't know whether we have a unusually high proportionate involvement in accidents or rescues among frequent poster to this site, but it could be. And, either way, the questions about how we address these matters on cc.com are also valid.

Really? To me it reads like his typical result-driven theorizing based on unquantifiable "facts" molded to reach a conclusion in line with his personal ideology, which in this case is no more complex than "I don't like those guys 'over there', and desperately want to be part of this cc.com-haters club posing as a climbing website."