Climbing in Java

jennie

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jen, other than whats mentioned and what you could easily find out yourself by tying in "climbing in Java" in google, I don't have anything to add. But if you're in that region and you have any interest I have a small handbook titled "Climb Singapore, a climbing guide of Singapore and West Malaysia" you can have if you stop by that area. PM me with an address if you interested and I'll mail it to you. I don't think I'll be in that area anytime soon, so you might be able to make better use of it.

The travel advisory has not been updated, but there is information about the tsunami on the site.

In any case, I apologize for causing a shitstorm about the State Department website. I am traveling to that part of the world in a couple of weeks and just did some research on Indonesia and Malaysian Borneo recently, and was surprised to see that there are numerous political problems besides the obvious with the tsunami and stuff in Indonesia that has been widely reported.

Thanks for all the info. Java was not effected by the tsunami. Sumatra is where all the chaos is. I'm out here to help with the tsumani releif. We just have some time before we head up to Aceh. The reports are pretty scary , the word in Aceh at the moment is aid workers will not be targeted. Keep your fingers crossed! As far as climbing the outward bound Indonesia staff showed me some great stuff in Jatiluhur. I would love to check out climbing in singapore and malaysia, but I wont be heading ou there this trip.

thanks again

jen

Edited by jennie

• 2 weeks later...

But, unfortunately, Sabah is one of the places where people are getting randomly kidnapped.

If you're looking for cool stuff to do, you might check out Tioman Island. It's fairly mountainous, and there are some peaks, and by the looks of it, some rock, and lots of jungle and stuff. It has some plants and things that don't grow anywhere else.

Palau Tioman is off of the east side of the Malay Peninsula.

Hey, how's monsoon season been? I've been looking at some weather websites and it looks like it has been pretty bluebird the last couple of weeks.