• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
John Frieh

Alpiners Anonymous: PDX dry tool night

Roberto! Glad to have you! Lets dawg!

If we wind up with a bunch of folks, maybe we should do birds and w rabbit?

i gotta 'gree w/ roberto - reckon i'll be there aroudn 530 - how bout you bob?

Hey all - note that as of a week or two ago there was a bit of poison oak at the ledge at the top of Emotional Rescue & those climbs. (bad day to forget the Tecnu - I'm still recovering).

I think I'm on an opposite schedule from most of the folks here, but I'm sure that some day I'll see the big herd of climbers... I'm tempted to go today because I haven't been on Birds & White Rabbit in forever, but I have a previous engagement. what do you guys use for anchors for those climbs?

Hey all - note that as of a week or two ago there was a bit of poison oak at the ledge at the top of Emotional Rescue & those climbs. (bad day to forget the Tecnu - I'm still recovering).

I think I'm on an opposite schedule from most of the folks here, but I'm sure that some day I'll see the big herd of climbers... I'm tempted to go today because I haven't been on Birds & White Rabbit in forever, but I have a previous engagement. what do you guys use for anchors for those climbs?

Wish you could show up and check it out, there's plenty of easy and very safe pro to be had on all of them. Easier to see than explain.

.11A...10+...11A...11C

Hmmm...

Where're the bunny slopes

Stick with me Roberto, I'm not climbing all that hot right now:-) Must be age issuesnow that I'm 50 and busier than hell. confused.gifgrin.gif Bringing the missus I hope?

You would, you perv...lol...No sir, the only reason I'm climbing with you goons is cuz she's working late.

I should be there around 4-4:30...or later if no one else is going to be there.

As far as the setup for BofP...leave it Bill...a nut, a hex, and all is well

4? shit, i'll be there then rob - we can maybe knock some shit off somewhere easy to get warmed up 'fore the hard-men show...let me know if yer game

Werd...I'm there.

Gotta make a run by the house and grab me gear

You got a rope? Rack?

(don't like leaving shite in my truck)

sAWHEET...Bringing the "gym" rack with me then...(you'll notice the lead card on the back of my harnes...cuz I'm hardcore!)

PRG4lYf

lol

I got invited out elsewhere, so I'm out for tonight. Sketch, where you been? If I'd a known you were gonna be there.....

dude.

Aaahhh well , I was doing some endurance racing, beer drinking, you know Bill, a little of this a little of that, trying to get back into climbing shape now that summers over. yellaf.gif

"endurance beer drinking" ahhh, that actually might be one of the sports I'm currently exceling at.

Hmmm, guess I should have checked here earlier...bummer

Ah, soon the the weekend will be upon us

RobertO!

You didn't miss much in the way of climbing. Couple of us went to Oregon City to the land of Ujahn.

Good company though.

Heading out tonight...get camp setup...should be a productive weekend. I'll let you know how it goes sir Bill

Who's in for PDX tonight and where do you want to go? I'm thinking of bouldering and taking it easy anyway but might be swayed to the dark side if theres not a big herd.

Lets do the next little group Robert - its all easier. Say blueberry, emotional rescue and stuff.

How about shoes-harness-belay device and a rope or 2?

See you where the chain link fence starts on the left (just before the bible domes) at 5:45 OK?

The rumr is Thurs at toothpick? (Paul, feel free to speak up here)

I will bring my shoes this time.

I've decided that taking them out of the pack to air and dry out in my basement after climbing has a down side to it.