Alpiners Anonymous: PDX dry tool night

John Frieh

It wasn't you. Just my total lack of crack skills. Come to think of it though someone was telling me Blackberry Jam was an 8.

But, I can belay. Sorry I missed the party.

Kyle and I had planned on Squish for a day or two but rain sent us for a hike to "look at" Stein's Pillar and then toward Smith Rock where we climbed the First Kiss. Good route. Thanks for the heads up.

Nice photos.

Still going tonight?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It wasn't you. Just my total lack of crack skills. Come to think of it though someone was telling me Blackberry Jam was an 8.

But, I can belay. Sorry I missed the party.

Kyle and I had planned on Squish for a day or two but rain sent us for a hike to "look at" Stein's Pillar and then toward Smith Rock where we climbed the First Kiss. Good route. Thanks for the heads up.

Nice photos.

Still going tonight?

Yes. A long as the rain holds off.

BTW, I will not EVER EVER again say Blackberry is not 5.10 after I belayed a 5.12 climber up it and I not only thought I saw a little bit of Elvis Legs when he sequensed backwards, but he thought it was harder than Birds. Hope you are feeling better.

Look for Ujhans black toyota truck and thats where we'll be.

Work. :mad:

Hey Katie, I heard Larry crashed his bicycle and did break a couple of ribs. ?? Do I have to call him directly and feign interest or can you give a heads up.

BTW, Geoff (near recovered), Ujahn and I had the run of the place last night. Turns out that a little rain and everyone stays home.

Bill...yeah he did. I picked him up from the ER on Monday night (his second time there that day). A few broken ribs, a really stiff neck and very befuddled (even for Larry standards normally). Poor guy...

Ah, Bill you missed it...I am pretty much soaked :)

You got soaked...ahhh, I did miss it. Damn.

BTW, I just saw Larry and he's doing fine, but befuddled of course, so normal. Looks like he'll be off for 6 weeks - or so.