• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
John Frieh

Alpiners Anonymous: PDX dry tool night

Next session will be Tuesday May 17th 3:30ish – pump. Call me if you are coming... 541.231.2062. Holla!

Also: is anyone interested in starting a weekly rock climbing night? Sport, trad, aid, drytool... I don't care... I'm just looking for some consistent weekly climbers. Give me a shout if you are interested!

Nolse, now that I've met you in person, lets talk. What does "pump" mean? If I was in PDX, I would definitely check it out.

thumbs_up.gif

Perhaps it is an age thing (specifically my lack of) but my understanding of the term “pump” when used to describe a climbing induced condition is a state when one has reached muscle failure and “pumped out” due to a build up of lactic acid in the forearms. Synonyms include “flame” or “flamed out”, “gripped” or “gripped out”, and so on. And I said my understanding because chances are I am wrong!

It was my impression that the term “pump” was as commonplace in a climber’s vocabulary as “beta"… perhaps I was mistaken or... perhaps this is you baiting me yet again… you are the only individual I know that precluded their formal introduction with the phrase “you might want to hit me”…

If you truly are interested you and the SEA kids should organize some type of climb (sport, trad, aid, dtool) night… based on the turnout you get for weekly pub clubs I don’t see why you wouldn’t see a lot of interest. This is a climbing board with a drinking problem... not a drinking board with a climbing problem... right? wave.gif

yellaf.gif I was serious. I've heard of "pump" in terms of "gripped", but not in the context you were using it.

As you can see from the SEA pubclub thread, organizing anything with this group is like herding cats.

We climb until we are too pumped too (or if Ivan hits himself in the head with his adze hahaha.gifyellaf.gifpitty.gif).

Start something... only the truly interested people (the type of people you want to climb with anyways) will attend and the rest of the cats can sit at home and spray wave.gif.

shit, reminds me to take the business end off 'fore 2night!

so anyone else showing up today for the dt madness? come discover the truly cool thing about dt'ing: it don't matter if it's raining or not, it's just as easy to stay stuck!

Wet tool night is only for the hard climber.

I was keep warm and dry that night pulling plastic in the gym.

So does this mean you'll come out when the weather is warm and dry Pete? And will you bring Butch?

It is almost June! bigdrink.gifwave.gifwazzup.gifsnugtop.gifthumbs_up.gif

Next session will be Tuesday June 14th 5ish – pump. Call me if you are coming... 541.231.2062. Holla!

5 PDXers were rock climbing last week... anybody else interested? Sport, trad, aid, drytool... I don't care... Give me or Ivan or Bill a shout if you are interested! wazzup.gifsnugtop.gifthumbs_up.gif

anyone gonna be out there closer to 330-4? pm me if so and we can get a jump on the late wankers - otherwise i'm showing later.

See you guys there! I'll be there with a couple of friends.

Oh. I'll be there at 6. In a green shirt.

Edited by Camilo

Anybody want to drytool Thursday and/or Friday? Forecast is calling for rain next few days so dting might be the only option...

I have extra ice tools, pons, helmets (w/ face shield)... all you need is boots and some interest! wazzup.gifsnugtop.gifthumbs_up.gif

Call me: 541-231-2062

Sorry man... I will be climbing on Stuart Sunday - Wednesday morning and then leave for Idaho Wednesday night snugtop.gif. Maybe next week? wave.gif

Anybody who wants to climb (sport, trad, drytool) any day this week give me a shout! I'd like to keep the streak going so call me up!

John

541-231-2062

Rock climb this Thursday June 30th at Rocky. 5:30 pm till pump. Call me if you are coming: 541-231-2062. 3 people so far...

wazzup.gifwave.gifsnugtop.gifrockband.gifthumbs_up.gif