Alpiners Anonymous: PDX dry tool night

John Frieh

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got to get me ass up there... Any idea how long a drive it would be from Corvallis?

1 hour 30 minutes unless you hit traffic.

Though it is supreme choss you could drytool on the rock above the lake/pond thing east of lewisburg saddle on Sulphur springs road.

A few other illegal options exist in Corvallis. PM me if interested.

If you are interested in a Hood run this week PM me with:

- days of the week you could go

- the earliest you could leave as well as the latest you can be back in Portland (we will likely carpool from a central location so buffer your time)

I would propose either Tuesday or Wednesday night. Give me a shout wave.gif

john - i'm on for wednesday night. can rally round 5 wendsday evening, but i propose to nap at home beforehand and meet up say more like 8 or later. gotta teach at 730 in the a.m. on thursday so gotta be in the t-line p-lot by 5 or so. coked out teaching face on for thursday!!! i'm all for getting a few more fools on - that'd be a rather humorous alternate to what i used to do, which was more like sleep-thrashign up slope all evening/morning to primus!

john - i'm on for wednesday night. can rally round 5 wendsday evening, but i propose to nap at home beforehand and meet up say more like 8 or later.

Everyone who has contacted me is voting for Wednesday so Wednesday 10/19 it is for first annual Hood lap! Contact me and I'll let you know where to meet so we can carpool.

Related to that drytool night will be this Tuesday 10/18 @ 4pm at Rocky Butte! Get yer moon.gif to drytool night! PM or call me (541.231.2062) if you are coming! wave.gif Newbies are welcome and encouraged! Bring a headlamp as it's starting to get dark before we are done. wazzup.gif

4479macswing.JPG

4479natestickit.JPG

4479dhhook.JPG

4479LCMreach.JPG

Everyone who has contacted me is voting for Wednesday so Wednesday 10/19 it is for first annual Hood lap! Contact me and I'll let you know where to meet so we can carpool.

You mean weekly!

Damn, you guys rock!

Here's hoping you hit good weather every week, bigdrink.gif

billcoe suggested i ask someone if i could tag along to butte tonight...anyone mind? if no, what time are you planning on heading out?

ABSOLUTELY NOT! WE WANT NEW PEOPLE TO COME TRY IT! wave.gif

Yes we all come out to get some practice and stay strong for next spring but the real motivation behind starting drytool night last year (at least for me) was to create a venue for local climbers to get together and meet/check out new potential new climbing partners. smile.gif

This is your chance to meet some fellow idiots who think scratching metal against rock in the dark forest of NE PDX is a good time. Who knows what else you might have in common! wave.gif

We will start at 4 pm tonight... it might vary week to week so keep an eye on this thread for updates on when/where we will be. Also feel free (anyone) to use this thread for PDX partner requests wazzup.gif

Next session: 10/24/05 4pm(ish) - whenever... if you can't get there until 5:30 it's okay just make sure to tell me so I know you are coming wave.gif

Make sure to bring a headlamp... the days are getting short so we will likely climb after dark. A thermos of hot something might be in order also.

As always let me know if you are coming so I can bring enough top ropes: 541.231.2062