Alpiners Anonymous: PDX dry tool night

John Frieh

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/982932#Post982932

Top of the Butte after work Tuesday 10/19. I'm bringing a bunch of minuscule (this means small) cams and my shoes. All are welcome to shoe up, LOL, or SHOW up I mean...hrk hrk hrk.... If anyone needs directions, let me know, but I'll be at the upper easy wall off and just below the front road where it enters the loop on top. There is a stairwell of railroad ties which drops you down out of sight, I'll be there. Daylight is getting to be a premium, so roping up on the cliffs ain't happening for me, but a lap or 2 on the traverse wall is. Just bouldering, no belaying or ropes although you certainly can as I see people rope up there.

See you there if you are interested and you can plug and yank on it to your hearts content. We're really interested in seeing which of these small cams work the best in flaring, shallow, irregular and shitassed placements - bring the favs off your own rack to compare and contrast against these. 7/16-1" size range. Blue and Yellow Totem cam size, 13.8-27.7.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bump

Top of the Butte after work Tuesday 10/19. I'm bringing a bunch of minuscule (this means small) cams and my shoes. All are welcome to shoe up, LOL, or SHOW up I mean...hrk hrk hrk.... If anyone needs directions, let me know, but I'll be at the upper easy wall off and just below the front road where it enters the loop on top. There is a stairwell of railroad ties which drops you down out of sight, I'll be there. Daylight is getting to be a premium, so roping up on the cliffs ain't happening for me, but a lap or 2 on the traverse wall is. Just bouldering, no belaying or ropes although you certainly can as I see people rope up there.

See you there if you are interested and you can plug and yank on it to your hearts content. We're really interested in seeing which of these small cams work the best in flaring, shallow, irregular and shitassed placements - bring the favs off your own rack to compare and contrast against these. 7/16-1" size range. Blue and Yellow Totem cam size, 13.8-27.7.

Don't forget it is going to be a blast!!

bump

I can't make it, but maybe someone could grab me a few syringes while yer there?

DAVE, Does this mean you're not bringing your blow up intimate sex sheep, the "LUV EWE", that was the hit of the party till it started looking like a glazed donut late in the evening?

1sg029_lg.jpg18A2D3DC.jpg

...Bastard.

That is truly awful. But well deserved. Not really. But it is damn funny.

I can't make it, but maybe someone could grab me a few syringes while yer there?

DAVE, Does this mean you're not bringing your blow up intimate sex sheep, the "LUV EWE", that was the hit of the party till it started looking like a glazed donut late in the evening?

1sg029_lg.jpg18A2D3DC.jpg

...Bastard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I bolted a couple of anchors away from the actual crag specifically for dry tooling. The sun just broke out and I am wondering if anyone wants to head out there this afternoon (4:00?) and do some toolin'. Let me know and I will PM you the directions. I know it's crazy short notice. If I don't get any takers I'd be down to head out tomorrow too.

where are they at? the routes you bolted?

Come climb with us and I will show you.

So I bolted a couple of anchors away from the actual crag specifically for dry tooling.

Why to bolt a retaining wall that goes at 5.0 and as a traverse at that?

We aren't talking about the same place.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
Hijacked while away!

I think I might head out that way if the errands get done before that. Billcoe, you want to do a few laps while they play with their toys

Good meeting you last night Teh. Love to tie in, if we get a good day speak up or send a PM. However, Christmas means busy and lots of family, and, I have a project that must be sent as soon as the snow melts at the 2,000-3,300 feet level. So if it doesn't happen real soon, it's not you, it's me.

...John, your thread has 694935 page views.... :noway:

• 1 month later...