Alpiners Anonymous: PDX dry tool night

John Frieh

Way nice evening! Got to finally meet Jayb and his great wife Susanne along with Johns SO Shannon. :tup::tup: Short , sweet and pretty casual evening (I'de picked a rock from under a fingernail yesterday and it's feeling better, the other one is just split where I'd dropped a rock on it last month and lost the fingernail, now the skin has split near where the replacement is growing in - c'est le vie) with a few mosquitoes starting to come out and the Poison oak getting berries and laying on the trail in a few spots. You cannot walk by without touching it.

I'm spraying it soon. If someone dislikes this, like "Cliff" last year said he did, but never did a f*ing thing about it, then get yer ass up there and tear it all out and I'll leave it be.

Otherwise, piss off.

The crack, Blueberry has some inside of it too near the top, which will soon be impossible to not touch or avoid as it grows out.

Ujahn and Kyle showed and provided some laughter and did some laps and it was great.

Thank you all again ! It was surprisingly cool considering how warm it was today. Have fun in Levenworth J and S!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll be up to boulder tonight @ 5:30pm and will climb with anyone interested in getting some laps. Let me know. (John: Phylyx?)

If no one is in Blueberry area I will spray it at the end of the day, if you don't like that idea, go pull the shit right now with your hands as I'm only hitting Poison Oak that is on the trail and on the crack at the top of Blueberry.

Hey, are any of you folks available this weekend (Sat all day or Sun morning as she flies out in the afternoon) to take a friend from TN up something at Beacon? Raquel comes to town every year for a computer conference and has been up the SE Corner and YW. She'd like to do one of those again or something comparable. She's solid at 5.9.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to get out or not, but wanted to make sure she does while she's here. Give me a shout or pm if you'd be willing to head out there with her...

I would love to go but can't. Have fun.

That time of the month? :)

CU Nxt time

Next time is now Geoff~! So bring a Tampon is you must.

Bill how did the wide crack go? Did you get to use your valley giants? I hope you did and I will bring you back some nice salmon when I get back from AK.

I went up to go do this Saturday and it was F*ing wet wet wet and I'm a *Cough*Pussy Pussy Pussy*Cough*, and it was wet wet wet, so how about you lead it and make me a happy old man? Those MF cams are heavy heavy heavy and I hauled them up to the woods!

Anyhow, how about Tuesday, I'm suppose to have bolts for new route bolters like Mark and Joseph! You dudes there? We can climb wisdom tooth and pull spray the Poison Oak that Clif (Larry) didn't pull!

Cathedral_road_7_20_08_closed_due_to_snow.jpg

2 weeks ago...snow! Let us go, my brothers, and challenge the anointed Rocky Butte Mosquitoes to a death duel...let us do this together.

Gear: leather gloves and weed killer like Round up pro or GlyStar Pro.

Let us go, my brothers, and challenge the anointed Rocky Butte Mosquitoes to a death duel...let us do this together.

OK you pussies, where the hell do you folks go with out me? I got ditched. I went up there last night -there were some people up there but I didn't recognize a soul. So I went bouldering...and it was good.

I saw some young fellas heading to Emotional rescue that had a Stick Clip, novel idea - I bet thats better than breaking both yer ankles.

Any of you fuckers still climb?

Good plan Ivan. After all, what's the worst that could happen. Last solo aid outing only cost my 3/4 of my index finger's nail, and a factor one onto the anchor. Good times...

Gotta get back to that route this fall and redeem!

Anyone up for a super cruiser wall this fall? With a name like Mideast Crisis, there's no way the trip won't pay for itself!

• 3 weeks later...