Alpiners Anonymous: PDX dry tool night

John Frieh

I should be able to do Thurs with you as long as it's not wet. You pick the lines you want to do, I'll be there @5:30-5:45pm.

Wedder link

Anyone else?

Troy, saw your last thurs post, you stopped at Ozone and blew me off last Thurs didn't ya? BTW, I would have done the same to you so it's OK. :grin: I bouldered and it was cold and a bit damp yet.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pick a dry day and I assure you you'll love it. I will guarantee you'll have a complete, total, and satiating burn in 1 hour or less and you'll be back with your family quickly or you'll get a full refund and all of your money back.

In fact, wait until it gets hot on the south facing cliffs and it will be a relief. Right now, South facing cliffs are much better and warmer IMO, but they are a farther drive for me. In fact, last time I tried to get to the Zone after work, it took 2 hours to get there from my work. 2 hours! I can get there faster if I leave early, before rush hour, though.

See you tonight. Birds and Blackberry for sure then, since katie hasn't chimed in with routes and I need the exercise.

Any of you other dudes, be there and bring your game face. It's lap lap and more speed laps. None of that hanging bullshit eh?

Well, threat of rain (ok, some actual rain) and everyone but Geoff, Try and I wussed out. Tim showed up at dusk, as we were topping out calling it a day.

IT WUZ AWESOME! THKS FOR THE BELAYS DUDES ! Tim - catch you next time.

Edited by billcoe

Is this happening tomorrow - Tuesday?

Kevbone, they say it's gonna hit 90 degrees by Friday, which means Ozone is out and Rocky Butte will be in for after work laps baby!

PS, I still may need a rest day Tuesday, I got worked this weekend and so I'm not committing here.

Edited by billcoe

• 3 weeks later...

Hey All,

This Saturday, June 7, is the Broughton's Bluff Adopt-a-Crag.

Show up at Lewis & Clark State Park, rain or shine, at 10:00 to do some trail maintenance, clean-up, and anchor maintenance.

There will be free schwag giveaways and a BBQ put on by the good poeple at Climb Max Mountaineering...and, of course, climbing!

Edited by hemp22