Alpiners Anonymous: PDX dry tool night

John Frieh

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You good with Blueberry and all that horseshite in that area David?

Tim?

Anyone else? Geoff, Mel, Katie, DanielL, Joseph etc etc everyone else who's been slacking:-)

BTW, reminder to all to lets all try and communicate the Request For anchor Bolts on Crackwarrior to folks we bump into. If there is resistance or anger, it would be nice to know in advance, probably 10% of the folks who climb out ther post here, so politely ask everyone their opinion when you're out there eh?

I was at Smith all day on Sunday while hubby watched our kids and my climbing partner's son so when I asked him about tonight it was not greeted with loads of enthusiasm :( Oh, well, hope you all have fun!!!!

Tim - don't think I remembered to PM you my phone number for future carpooling. Sorry. I will do that. Got busy with our Bend trip. Hope your trip to the Pickets went well!

Bill - DanielL hurt his hand. He can't climb for a week or two. I have an email where we can reach him so once he's healed I'll make sure to pass along the plans for Tues/Thurs climbing so he can join in.

Not quite sure where blueberry is, but I'm up for trying to spaz my way up random stuff....

You'll walk up these routes. (except maybe Toothpick, we'll all struggle on it, "they" say it rates 5.11C or D) Take the first hard right hand turn and park right before the parking/bible dome entrance. Walk north towards the cliff and we be there. Bring a rope and your own personal stuff (shoes harness etc).

Set up Blueberry and we'll all rap your setup eh? :)

@5:30 pm say

Get well DanL

Post release edit:

Man that was nice. Bit crowded! Maybe 8 people. The highlight was that Will Strickland showed up in between being a dirtbag at other areas which, as Crackman said: "are comparable to Rocky Butte: like Yosemite, Vedavoo, Joshua Tree, Creek, Bishop:-) "

Met 2 new nice people Moira and Preston. Everyone gave good belay and a good pump was had by all.

Edited by billcoe

Sounds like you all have been having fun while I was in Cuba.. but I'm back now and imigration didn't even try and stop me :moondance: I'm pulling my house together this week, going to Smith this weekend and hope to make it out to RB one night next week.

BTW Bill it's Joshua

I'll try and whip up a TR on the climbing in Cuba tonight too..

We'll see you next time Joshua. It was already pretty crowded. If I see that many people I tend to go elsewhere, but in this case - I was there and folks started showing up, but it was good.

I must have worn out Tuesday despite not doing much, taking tonight off. But thats me.

Who's doing what for the 3 day weekend, I didn't plan a f*ing thing. Anyone need a belay bitch?

Edited by billcoe

Hmmmm... Women's night a club sport sounds tempting... and begs a lot of questions. Do you need to be a member? What's the cost? What time are you going? Would I have to go in drag?

If you're suggesting Tim, then I'm sure that the ladies could take up a collection to pay you for wearing a bra and panties.....if thats whats going down here. :confused:

John seems to be pretty intimately familiar with the whole thing.........hmmmm, perhaps too much? :lmao: