Alpiners Anonymous: PDX dry tool night

John Frieh

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah, i somehow took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up at broughton...

i'm apparently not very good at planning things in advance - even if it's only 1-2 hours in advance.

we got in some good climbs there too.

i'll get back out to rocky eventually

I'd like to get out there to do some aiding tomorrow AM...is that more interesting than soloing?

Dan- you still climb ya old woman? Damn, you gotta get yer ass out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, will you aid Flying Swallow and pay particular attention to brushing the dirt off of any potential hand or foot holds? :lmao:

Thanking you in advance.

Easier start for aiding may be "The Flying Dutchman", hike up to the tree at the base and straight up 2 pitches via nuts.

I plan on being there tomorrow, but I think Joseph is trying to finish the bolt replacement project and since he's pretty much done...ohhh..like all of it, I'd like to offer to help, even if it just means carrying his jockstrap or an extra rope-something heavy to help out.

Maybe get a lap or 2 of something in.

Guys and Gals,

I'm moving the much vaunted "PDX" climbing love thread to the Climbing Partners Forum, because that is what is really is...a thread all about hooking up with other climbing partners in the PDX area. Over time this thread seems to have a hooked up a lot of people for climbing (and probably a bunch of other stuff ;) ).

We'd just like to see the Events forum used for one time events, like slideshows, etc. This isn't a negative comment about this thread, it is obviously a very positive thing, just a house keeping thing.

Thanks and climb on Portland.

It's all this beautiful weather that must be motivating people....

I was looking forward to getting out today until I woke up to rain. i'm hoping it'll dry up enough this afternoon - are you gonna still head out there? maybe if you bring a hair-dryer instead of the crowbar...

Not dying. Just a bit harder to locate since the move.

Still can't climb though. Maybe Thurs.

Last Thurs. was on my way to Acker Rock for the big Traverse and then on to McKinley Rock for a run up Easy Street. Cool places if ya never been.

I'll be there with a hair dryer, you bring an extension cord. :lmao:

I have Poison Oak killer for the huge bush at the top of Blueberry, and the bit over by White Rabbit too.

Then I'm gonna clip the English Ivy back on the top of WR and try and burn some easy laps to minimum pumpage and not make my elbow hurt more than it is.... all contingent barring a downpour that is.

Thursday after work I think I'll go check my last Sunday spray job at PRGO and respray and maybe get a lap or 2 as well.

Not dying. Just a bit harder to locate since the move.

Still can't climb though. Maybe Thurs.

Last Thurs. was on my way to Acker Rock for the big Traverse and then on to McKinley Rock for a run up Easy Street. Cool places if ya never been.

Work or injury?

BTW, never been, can you do a TR?