Alpiners Anonymous: PDX dry tool night

John Frieh

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm kidding:-) Geoff. You want to tie in for a single quick lap even and then head out thats good. It's all good.

BUT, if you are feeling spicy, you might run up top and get your pump in via bouldering as you can get trashed in a much shorter time period.

Your call, see you tonight.

Perfect Sean. I have some elderly issues with my shoulder that the last Breakfast Crack lapathon with you didn't help with - and I can kick back and laugh at you folks and you can work your ass off and we'll both be happy!

In fact, I'm gonna go chew some ibuprofen right now to prepare.

GREEEAAAT!

I'll look for you!

Hmmm, gotta think of a cover story for her.

Last weekend, I bought her a real nice brand new pair of loppers cause she loves to gargen and the last pair were some made in China crap that barely would cut a leaf, when I handed them over she was suspicious....like she thought I wanted something.

So what is it that you wanted from her?

You an my wife would get along poorly as you are both too suspicious! :grin: I didn't want anything, sometimes I just try and be nice.

Anywho, big thanks again rmcwtr!

BTW Sean, thanks for representin tonight. I'd never seen anyone pull that "route" on TR or lead...EVER. Thought it was a myth or a joke that it was ever done. (spoken like Borat) Very Nice! I have a "Pro quality" natural bristle brush, next time let me know and I'd be proud to clean it off (on rap duhh) for you before you jump on it.

I give good brush.

Almost forgot: Rocky Butte notes:

As Geoff will tell you, there is a ground wasp nest located at Video Bluff on the left side.

If you were to step left of Live Wire or right of AC/DC and try to stick you dick in the dirt, (don't do it -you heard it here first) ....right about there.

They are smaller and less aggressive than regular Hornets/yellowjackets and look identical to the species who set up shop at the base of Vertical Therapy last year (Doug Hutchinson and a few others can tell you about those).

Although there is not much nest activity, and they appear to be the type who will not bother you if you do not bother them, one of them did cross that line of co-existance and took exception to Geoffs tit.

Next - to whomever is doing all the gardening up there, I did some of that last year and got yelled at by some jackass I'd never met previously who claimed to have climbed there for 26 years....anyway......

Thank you from all uf the rest of us. :wave:

Being a newbie to the site and just returning to PDX from Canada I am severely interested in getting some dry tooling in and will have the whole month of July off to play. Anyone wanting to hook up and play PLEASE let me know. I know I'm an unknown to the community here and understand folks not wanting to go out with an unknown, but I'm decent and have at least half a brain.

Being a newbie to the site and just returning to PDX from Canada I am severely interested in getting some dry tooling in and will have the whole month of July off to play. Anyone wanting to hook up and play PLEASE let me know. I know I'm an unknown to the community here and understand folks not wanting to go out with an unknown, but I'm decent and have at least half a brain.