Alpiners Anonymous: PDX dry tool night

John Frieh

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I only have @ an hour and a half Tue evening, showing up at approx 6pm, so for me, if I want to pick up garbage I'd just stay at home and clean the living room...... so I'll be climbing.

Joseph, I think if you just wrestle it down to Skidmore to the fixed garbage can, I suspect that the PDX people will get to it eventually.

Well dang it, maybe I'll just have to come on Tuesday too.

Might be towards the tail end of daylight, but it will be a sucessful day if I can jump on at least one rope...

Went and checked out Rocky Butte today - I don't know the names of everything, but the one wall just north of where the stone bridge on the main road was pretty wet still. I ended up doing some laps on the wall up top for a while - pretty nice considering it's so close...

I was out there yesterday practicing some aid. I'm still not sure of the names of the different areas/climbs at the Butte but I was doing a crack that I believe was a 5.8 with a 5.10 start farther down past Phylinx (sp?) that was dry. The Silver Bullet area was dry like John said but the cracks to the right were still seeping a bit. Perhaps it will be better today, it stayed dry all day out there yesterday. Maybe I will see you guys out there tonight :wave:

OK, sorry to swith directions at the last min, but Ujohn called and said that Lake Oswego would be perfect: warm AND dry. DOHHHH, I hadn't even thought of it.

Be safer too as wet as the Butte is right now.

It's where I'd like to go, anyone else?

Take Country club turn S on Iron Mt, head to North shore blvd Cabana. Park at that space right at the RR tracks (Union Pacific on the map). Look west @ 1/2 a city block right down the tracks, theres a shitty little bolted rat hole right there.

Bring your own partner, rope and draws.

Bill: what time?

Really? Which new smith rock guide?

You don't have that book? Dan and I had ours months ago. It included the new granite lines out at Renton area and 3 totally new areas around town including the new 400 foot high cliff 30 min from town. It's amazing.

BTW, I don't know why the directions I gave you earlier didn't work. You want to try it again? Drive to Newport, then south to Coos Bay and take a left, go 25 miles towards the Cascade Mountains, take a right , then a left, go straight for 20 min, then left, then right. You're there.

No probs! :crazy: