Alpiners Anonymous: PDX dry tool night

John Frieh

Sean, I know you got a new rope and are very proud, but last night Troy (cyclone) drug out the best looking rope I've ever seen. Bright yellow with a slight green irridecence. WOW.

BTW, a respectable pump was had by all last night: Nate, Troy, Tim and moi.

Da boyz were flyin....Tim wuz drippin...Newcomers were flippin. All good.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well a good time was had by all. Tim, Ron, Sean and Hugh were turnin and burnin last night.

The highlight was finding a piece on Blackberry which came right out. I don't know why it was left, and normally I'd consider that bootie, but in an attempt to be less of an asshole, I'll return the piece if you identify it and the old, beat up biner. Otherwise Sean called dibs.

Thought I'd post it here since all the locals seem to be using this thread and don't normally read the lost and found thread.

Lost and found piece

Who's up for the butte tomorrow?

Me ! wave.gif me ! wave.gif me ! wave.gif me ! wave.gif me!

last week:

bring the rope protectors, 3 tricycles, a midget in a clown suit and a sheep.

BTW, FYI, the used condoms scrounged on the ground didn't help at all last week, lets try and prepare eh?

If it's just you and me: Phylynx and the sandpaper 5.10 offwidth next to it?

Does someone want to walk me around Carver, showing some spots? I'd like to take my young daughter with me sometime but don't want to hunt around with her. Having a heads-up prior to going would be great.

I can provide wheels if needed.

Thanks,

NAT

I should be there... what time? I wanna do Phylynx!

Come along then John. Love your company and your upbeat attitude is always a happy addition to any outing I'm on, any time: tue @ 5:45pm tomorrow, like always, if you get there early head up and boulder some to stretch out so we can jump right on it and not pull tendons and muscles like some other old men. Damn it's nice to have people showing up and belaying and climbing.

Bryan, can't make it? We'll miss you. We'll do it later, you'll have to console yourself with dream of 1000' unclimbed granite. moon.gifgrin.gif

BTW, you dudes, my buddy Ujahn has some 3,000 foot unclimbed granite lines scoped out in Alaska if you're interested.

Nat, sorry, rarely head to Carver. Been years. No reason, but if I have a full day I head to Beacon or points beyond, if it's a partial day it's typically Butte or Broughtons.

Is your daughter like @ 10-12 years old or so? Maybe we could do something else which would equally get her psych on for climbing? But not tomorrow for me.

BTW, you dudes lose my phone number for those weekend trips? cry.gif

wave.gif

Does someone want to walk me around Carver, showing some spots? I'd like to take my young daughter with me sometime but don't want to hunt around with her. Having a heads-up prior to going would be great.

I can provide wheels if needed.

Thanks,

NAT

Nat,

I am in bozeman now, but if you park at the little church thing and walk up and around the gate you will find a trail. Go to the second wall ( the one w/o the big disclamer sign) On the second wall there is a slab that is good for TRin, I think that it is like 5.6 no matter which way. The slab will be to looker left of a striking overhanging finger crack. have fun good luck at getting them into it young. Wish my parents would have done the same. fruit.gif

I am in bozeman now.....

confused.gif

We ain't going climbing together no mo?

cry.gif

See you next year dude, but I gotta say this since by way of a good-by you snagged a prime line without me and all I got was a great Trip report out of it: grin.gif it was a great pleasure to have made your aquaintance. Really.

Stay in touch, we'll do an extra laps up Phylynx in your honor tonight. grin.gif