Alpiners Anonymous: PDX dry tool night

John Frieh

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Technically, PDX is the airport code, not an acronym. But anyway, I might join up with y'all tonight. Don't really care what we climb, although I wouldn't mind trying to get up the route Michael and I worked yesterday (without falling this time =) over on video bluff.

Is there a good route in the low 12s?

There's that 11 slab in the middle. 10c crack....ummmm, seriously I can't even spell 12.

You need to get on WR Buttress Sean.

see you tonight.

Isn't the buttress only 11+? wink.gif See ya tonight! Sounds like we'll have a good turnout...

Isn't the buttress only 11+? wink.gif See ya tonight! Sounds like we'll have a good turnout...

No, the book is wrong, always has been. First time I heard 12 was from a 5.13 climber who tried it. Try it and see. Then we'll talk. I use to be able to run up the thing. Not anymore. 12 for sure.

Or I'm just old.

And Fat.

Just do hold elimations Sean. Use 1 arm or 1 foot. See you folks later.

I have Wasp spray for huffing afterwards. Lets party.

Public Sprayer Announcement: At 43 pages the PDX thread is plenty bloated... please keep the spray to a minimum so people don't have to wade throught the shit to see where we are climbing. Thanks! wave.gif

laughable - ha! there's no putting the genie back in the bottle, vendajo!

hey, what unemployed person wants to crag anytime over the next week and a half (and/or go out for some tasty alpine...)

Skip the gym I need a belay:-) This is for Tuesday .....right? (for today, try to touch base with Robert Bundy above)

yelrotflmao.gif

I killed the wasps over the weekend (I think) so Vertical Therapy is now available. Done that one?

How about that offwidth next to Phylynx, that's good for a workout.

Or anything you want is fine.

If Bri joins us, we may want to find out how hard she wants to climb before deciding on anything specific. =) I'll have to check my list and see if I've done vertical therapy, but it doesn't ring a bell. If she doesn't come, I'm half-tempted to work Packin' Heat on mean street. But only half...

Vertical Therapy is @ 20 right of Toothpick (11A/B) as you look at the wall.

You'll get pumped on Toothpick, if not, I'll let you carry a 50 lb packpack to simulate what I'm experincing or ..."On the edge" is 15 feet left of that, it should be on your list of 12's. VT will be a good warm up so you don't blow any tendons.